SEA HORNET DRAWINGS

BushBrit66

This forum never let me down

I am looking for decent 1/48 drawings that portray the correct horizontal lower line of the Sea Hornet canopy. I have a CA canopy but could do with some reference to give me a fighting chance of cutting and shutting correctly.

Can anyone advise or help?

Cheers as always

Cheers

Sean

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/06/2017 at 11:41 PM, BushBrit66 said:

This forum never let me down

I am looking for decent 1/48 drawings that portray the correct horizontal lower line of the Sea Hornet canopy. I have a CA canopy but could do with some reference to give me a fighting chance of cutting and shutting correctly.

Can anyone advise or help?

Cheers as always

Cheers

Sean

Hello Sean,

I do appologise for the late reply, I've not logged onto here for a few weeks.

If you are still looking for a good reference for your canopy, I will upload something here including a photo of the real part and accompanying dimensions.

Regards,

David

Hello Sean,

Please see following actual dimensions from the DH Hornet canopy and fuselage. You can use these to check how the 1/48 kits compare.

These are all full size imperial dimensions, and you will have to divide by 48 or 72 to get the required scale dimensions.

Hornet%20Dimensions.jpg

Hornet%20canopy.jpg

Edited by David A Collins
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, daniele0865 said:

David,

I've just seen your post, but I can't see your pictures, only an image wiith: Please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting.

Is it my fault?

Thanks

Daniele

Hi Daniele,

Thanks for pointing it out. Looks like I will have to find an alternative site that will host images for free.