An Idiot's Guide to Posting Photos from Village Photos.

Bullbasket

10 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

The only problem with that for me is, when I right click the image in the album (left click in my case as the mouse is set up for left hand use), copy image address does not come up. Tried others in case it's worded different, but no joy.

John.

That's odd. What does appear.

A whole bunch of options; Copy, Copy shortcut,  Open link, Open link in new window, Open link in new tab, and a few others. Bear in mind that you are dealing with a computer know nothing here so I could be doing something wrong. After all, I deleted photos from Village Photos and then wondered why they disappeared from my thread!!!

John.

Have you tried to 'open link in new window' then right-click (left for you) and see if you get 'copy image address then'? Just a guess, but worth trying. 

bbe85057-7a01-414b-b9e5-d24023d9434f.JPG

Well, I haven't a clue what has happened there but, this photo linked the original way, the way that I've always done it, which for the last 24 hours wouldn't work. The only thing that I can vaguely grasp at, is that I did Village Photos an email a few hours ago, telling them of the problem that some on here had been experiencing. Maybe they've looked into and found something and rectified it. I can but live in hope.

John.

• Like 1

Probably just some transitory issues with image serving... they'll be serving images from a bunch of servers, so it might just have been pot luck that you were affected.

• Like 1

Here's a few images from the account I just set up.  Can anyone tell me what they are for bonus points? :wicked:

resized_cf4c39fa-eea2-4c7b-a2fd-09c57843

resized_db891d90-aabf-42a4-b9d7-7ca97f6b

Seems to work ok :)

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

Here's a few images from the account I just set up.  Can anyone tell me what they are for bonus points? :wicked:

I claim the prize. It's an aerial view of Clapham Junction.

John.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mike said:

Yes... a small picture and a weirdo pointing at a pyane as if it crept up on him

I can't see a weirdo or a pyane - do you need a bit of a down?

That handsome (only partly potato looking) chap is my very self. I have a little bit of a connection to that slightly less attractive aircraft (or giant, day-glow carbuncle), hence my overwhelming joy at standing by it's side. 

16 minutes ago, activexp said:

I claim the prize. It's an Atari ST :P

When you get it fully correct, you can claim the prize of my undying admiration (a worthy prize) ^_^

12 minutes ago, Gorby said:

That handsome (only partly potato looking) chap is my very self. I have a little bit of a connection to that slightly less attractive aircraft (or giant, day-glow carbuncle), hence my overwhelming joy at standing by it's side. 

I get the potato reference, but you're going to have to explain the connection to the aircraft for those of us that now need to know (which I think was your intent, you attention seeking horror, you!) :)

15 minutes ago, Mike said:

you're going to have to explain the connection to the aircraft for those of us that now need to know now (which I think was your intent, you attention seeking horror, you!)

Deeply offended now so I won't tell. :nono:

Well you dragged it out of me, so don't blame me when you are slightly underwhelmed buy the answer.

The carbuncle first flew on 26 March 1963, just a few days after I made my first appearance, so I've decided it's my 'birth plane'.

Typical! I get a deformed yellow monstrosity, who's main claim to fame is that it was very sloooow. My mates birth plane was a variant of the SR-71 Blackbird.

6 minutes ago, Gorby said:

Typical! I get a deformed yellow monstrosity, who's main claim to fame is that it was very sloooow.

...so we're talking about the plane now, are we? :hmmm:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nocoolname said:

Hmmm... the service doesn't appear to be encrypted :hmmm:

I noticed that too :S  That's the downside... that and the slightly agricultural interface.  I know I don't need to use it, but I found it a bit simplistic when I was trying it out before, so I could help with queries :shrug:

15 hours ago, Mike said:

When you get it fully correct, you can claim the prize of my undying admiration (a worthy prize) ^_^

OK, first pic is an Atari ST motherboard with a 2MB RAM board?

Second pic is a PSU of some sort?

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
1 hour ago, Planebuilder62 said:

I take it that my first picture upload worked 🙂?

Regards Toby

Perfectly. And I like your formation ship.

John.

• 1 month later...

Village Photo's is coming up with a safety warning on Ubuntu 18.4 .This is to do with their certificate expiring Will this be rectified or is there another photo sharing site that is free & easy to use 

• 5 weeks later...

I'm also having problems with Village Photos. My browser is warning me that the site is insecure due to expired certificate. I reset my password and that doesn't work either. Any suggestions anyone for an alternative host?

Edited by Martin1962