Heinkel He 111-P2; a cursed build!

4 minutes ago, Nigel Heath said:

Little Cars do the full range of EZ Line.

Nice one. Crikey - expensive isn't it?! 

1 minute ago, Nigel Heath said:

Much better, looks fine like it is to me.

Yeah it's far better. Slight kink near the main mast due to superglue but it's now closer in scale.

3 hours ago, Victory-is-in-the-Kitchen said:

Oh christ Ian - that's done it! It does look like a bloody washing line:

IMG_1729.jpg
IMG_1730.jpg

I thought the underneath was overdone but it's nice to hear others like it.

Good luck with the H6. Airfix?

JB

Haha. Excellent! :lol:

Yes - it's the Airfix H-6, but I'm going to do it as a Battle of Britain H-2.

• Like 1

That's a cracking build - so pleased you soldiered on and got it finished. The aerial looks perfect now and the weathering is spot on for a work horse like the 111. I am of course biased coz I have a soft spot for 111's but yours has really done the type justice. :clap:

• Like 1

On 6/4/2017 at 6:52 PM, thepureness said:

Stunning, for a moment, i thought it was the 1/32 Revell kit it was that detailed

You're too kind - thank you.

On 6/4/2017 at 7:01 PM, gazza l said:

Beautiful looks perfect now.

gazza l 

Cheers Gazza, got there in the end.

23 hours ago, IanC said:

Haha. Excellent! :lol:

Yes - it's the Airfix H-6, but I'm going to do it as a Battle of Britain H-2.

Great - shall look forward to seeing that on here. WIP?

13 hours ago, matteo44 said:

Now is perfect :yes:

:clap:

Thanks Matteo!

1 hour ago, planecrazee said:

That's a cracking build - so pleased you soldiered on and got it finished. The aerial looks perfect now and the weathering is spot on for a work horse like the 111. I am of course biased coz I have a soft spot for 111's but yours has really done the type justice. :clap:

They are certainly iconic aircraft and I'm pleased that people are enjoying my attempt. Thanks very much B)

51 minutes ago, LostCosmonauts said:

Nice work - I've got the same set with this and the Hurricane still to do. You've gone a long way to pushing them toward the top of the to-do stack

Thanks, just get your patience bank ready! I'd recommend replacing the kit MG's with some brass ones as they are a bit lacking in detail... and of course; mind that canopy! :) 

• Like 1

Well, if I hadn't read about your travails with the build I would have assumed this went together like a breeze, such is the quality of the finished product.  Great modelling.  Also, I don't think the underside exhaust staining looks overdone at all.  Nice family shot at the end too. 

Airfix need to produce a new Ju88 and they will have the full BofB set.  Imagine that as gift set - Spitfire I, Hurricane I, Defiant, Blenhiem IF, Gladiator, Bf109E, Me110, Ju87, He111, Do17 and Ju88!  They could chuck in some figures of Michael Caine, Robert Shaw and Christopher Plummer while they're about it.  

• Like 1

Nice job, she looks great, and much better for the change in aerial! Unfortunately I think you have fitted the tip of the nose upside. Shouldn't the MG be at the bottom?

Ian

• Like 1

On 2017-6-8 at 3:07 AM, Horatio Gruntfuttock said:

The washing line photos are very funny - had a good chuckle, thanks for not making our hobby too serious!

I was tempted to go to town and paint them but I thought I'd better finish the model whilst the mojo was still there! Glad I made you chuckle :D

On 2017-6-8 at 0:48 PM, Meatbox8 said:

Well, if I hadn't read about your travails with the build I would have assumed this went together like a breeze, such is the quality of the finished product.  Great modelling.  Also, I don't think the underside exhaust staining looks overdone at all.  Nice family shot at the end too. 

Airfix need to produce a new Ju88 and they will have the full BofB set.  Imagine that as gift set - Spitfire I, Hurricane I, Defiant, Blenhiem IF, Gladiator, Bf109E, Me110, Ju87, He111, Do17 and Ju88!  They could chuck in some figures of Michael Caine, Robert Shaw and Christopher Plummer while they're about it.  

Thanks Meatbox, the exhaust staining has grown on me - now a good lesson learned! I agree, although their Ju88 isn't too bad reportedly - I nearly bought one but I'm running out of room and will be saving myself for their new B-25 :smirk:

On 2017-6-10 at 2:45 PM, limeypilot said:

Nice job, she looks great, and much better for the change in aerial! Unfortunately I think you have fitted the tip of the nose upside. Shouldn't the MG be at the bottom?

Ian

Thanks Ian, you could be right although I'm seeing conflicting evidence on both accounts on the ol' Google. I actually had it up the other way first and changed it whilst checking accuracy. Fortunately it's only glued on with PVA, as is the machine gun, so should pop loose should I ever feel the need to re-visit it.

JB

• 2 years later...

Beautiful build - I found this thread while looking for references for my Revell 1/48 He 111.  One question - is the knob upside down?  I mean the transparent hemisphere on the nose.  On my version the 'ole for the gun is on the underside.  Maybe they rotated?

Lovely job, I'm sure mine won't come out as well. Thank you for sharing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkippyNZ said:

Maybe they rotated?

Yes, manually rotatable and the gun is in a ball socket so it can rotate to be in the proper position to fire.

Chris

• Like 1

A very impressive build and I'll echo the compliments about the cockpit seat belts. Masterfully done. For a kit that fought you much of the way, the end result is, in my opinion, excellent!  Well done!

• Thanks 1