Russian KV-1 (Trumpeter 1:35)

A superb looking KV-1 you've got there, very subtly weathered. A newcomer yet to score first blood on the battlefield. I love the satin finish. (Something I've always preferred to see compared to the usual matt.) It looks very 'metal'.

Well done.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

Thanks folks. I tend to build a wide variety of models so as I don't spend time on a common subject it's all very experimental and a bit hit-and-miss. Just glad you think she looks OK :) 

Nice result there! I'm just finishing Zvezda's KV-2 which is the same kit (except for the turret, obviously); not sure which is the re-boxing but mine doesn't have the p/e unfortunately.

I think you made the right choice of the plastic rather than the rubber tracks, although they are a bit of a pain to fit if you leave them of to paint first.

Regards

JA

• Like 1

Great job. :thumbsup:  Only a bit too much rust on the running parts of the tracks for my taste, but then again, everyone sees this differently.

Keep building more tanks^^.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, johnny akes said:

Nice result there! I'm just finishing Zvezda's KV-2 which is the same kit (except for the turret, obviously); not sure which is the re-boxing but mine doesn't have the p/e unfortunately.

I think you made the right choice of the plastic rather than the rubber tracks, although they are a bit of a pain to fit if you leave them of to paint first.

Regards

JA

With hindsight I would have weathered them before fitting. One for the 'lessons learned' notebook ;) 

17 hours ago, Blaubar said:

Great job. :thumbsup:  Only a bit too much rust on the running parts of the tracks for my taste, but then again, everyone sees this differently.

Keep building more tanks^^.

Thanks Blaubar.  Appreciate the comments. Totally agree with you re. the rust. All part of the 'trial & error' with every build :) 

13 hours ago, PlaStix said:

That really is a great looking KV-1 Nigel! Very impressive paintwork and finish. Very well done. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Very kind of you Stix - Thank you :)