SAAB SK.37 Viggen 2-seater (1/72 Heller)

• 2 months later...

Hallo Kiwikitbasher,

I would like to see this. It's difficult to paint like this. Will the pictures return (I understand the very inconvenient Photobucket change)? 

Thank you

Per

Edited by PersPFinn

39 minutes ago, PersPFinn said:

Hallo Kiwikitbasher,

I would like to see this. It's difficult to paint like this. Will the pictures return (I understand the very inconvenient Photobucket change)? 

Thank you

Per

Hi Per,

I have replaced the non-functional Photobucket links with ones that work from Imjur, as the Photobucket links will only return if I pay them US$400 a year, which I and most other ex-P-bucket users will not. So at least now you can see the finished model. Thanks for your interest.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I’m glad that you were able to get back the photographs without having to pay $400; Photobucket really are making a bad decision here.

The Viggen looks very good; the paint scheme in 1/72 is really not easy. Here you have made it look just like the real thing :).

With regards

Pers

Very clean and nice work with the splinter camo! 

I have an Esci model in 1/48 that I would like to replicate soon with this camo, I saw that the kit is with positive panel lines like the Esci I have, but still nice to see.

Bravo

Thanks Franco,

Yes, the Heller kit had positive/raised panel lines, but they were so fine I thought I would keep them rather than re-scribe. I only build 1/72 scale, but I recall seeing the Esci 1/48 kit with its raised panel lines, and I think that they would not be too obtrusive with the splinter camouflage.