Zombie hunter gear

Hi folks,

Quick digression in scale today as I made this 1:1 ID tag for my daughter to dress up as a zombie hunter:

34897496741_5df9e6b355_b.jpg

It's printed on my office printer, glued onto styrene sheet with Klear and cut out. Then I made a little seal from wine bottle foil embossed with a biro, and cut out a rectangle of Hasegawa polarize film so that the photo looks like it's holographic.

I don't have a laminator (my wife's suggestion) or time to get it laminated, so I made the holder from clear PET sheet. I cut and folded it and then heated the folds in a candle flame (keep it moving!) to remove the stress cracks and tighten them up. There's a safety pin clipped/epoxied onto the back, and a bit of Blood for the Blood God for zombie chic.

I think it looks quite cool, and hopefully means we don't need much other gear apart from khaki jacket and trousers that she already has. If I get any free time tomorrow I might try and do a gross sample of something in a ziplock bag though :)

Cheers,

Will

• Like 5

Thanks! It was so satisfying to do something we normally try hard to avoid :) The seal worked better than I dared hope, hooray for Helix circle templates.

Will

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! It was a great dress-up, we spent twenty quid or so in the Army Surplus shop and added an ammo pouch, khaki cap and some nice patches to the ensemble.

35206480821_992c9f3a2b_b.jpg

I stencilled a red cross onto the ammo pouch, sewed the patches onto her jacket and picked up some travel bottles from the $2 shop to make zombie samples :)

34948657580_9fbe45d9ec_b.jpg

34948660190_691a1f9276_b.jpg

35206492261_f8cb58c929_b.jpg

They're hard to photograph, but there are little rolled up/squished up "flesh" shapes from baked Super Sculpey in its natural colour, plus a blob of Blood for the Blood God and some black paint in each one. They look suitably gross :)

Will

• Like 3