Blackburn Roc Floatplane Target Tug

Superb bit of interior detailing there. Glad to read that the glasses are helping too: I find that I use the eye loupe less frequently after I had a new glasses prescription so I really do believe that they help.

PS: For those interested in beer looking down though the bottom of a pair of beer glasses does not help with the fine detailed work - somehow.....

P

• Like 1

For close-up work I bought an illuminated desk magnifier when they were on offer at Maplins, for me, even more than the x5 magnification was the massive increase in shadowless light even when just using the ready-readers. Serves me right for painting the man cave walls battleship errrr, extra dark sea grey. (As the extension work comes to a close this geezer may need to brighten the MC before the nights draw in too much!) 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, pheonix said:

Superb bit of interior detailing there. Glad to read that the glasses are helping too: I find that I use the eye loupe less frequently after I had a new glasses prescription so I really do believe that they help.

PS: For those interested in beer looking down though the bottom of a pair of beer glasses does not help with the fine detailed work - somehow.....

P

Thanks P. I remember that some time ago we had a discussion n this forum about whether beer goggles existed or not. As I recall, the opinion of both sexes was that they do but in no way guarantee the selection of a suitable partner. I must at this stage state tha I was stone cold sober when I met Mrs Martian.

Martian

• Like 3

Another vote for the interior detailing Martian; very nice indeed :thumbsup2: .

Just a quick note; on mobile (we surely should call them 'portable' phones?) phone versions of the forum, here in Tiger Towers, the squashy photographs ceased on page 21.

All photographs from page 21 onwards display perfectly.

Interestingly, on page 20, your pigeon is squashed, but when the General reposts it, its fine. Then your repost of the general's non squashed repost of your original squashed pigeon isn't squashed either.

:hmmm: 

Good to hear the spectacles are helping. Well, not with reference to pigeon squashing. With the modelling. Not modelling of pigeons. Or unintentional squashing. Thereof. Of pigeons. :drunk:

Best regards 

TonyT

• Like 4

Hello Tony,

Wanna make a model of pigeon, you must consider this one

Résultat d’images pour Etritch taube

This is a pigeon, in German Taube !

Now you can have it speckled, the origin of camouflage ??

Must be fun to see.

Congratulations for the interior Martian, I'll try to do half as good as you actually did.

The fuel tank is done and look like yours, now I've to detail it.

What is the Roc CD rom, you find it on the net ?

Could be interesting, did'nt have many documentation about the Roc.

Have a very nice day.

Beer goggles...

After some Chimay, you no longer need goggles of any sort, a stretcher may be but goggles ??

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

I would love one of these CC :).

I have never bought a Wingnut Wings kit, but I think they may be releasing one of these.... :heart: 

I have often thought that we should have a 'Catch The Pigeon' Group Build. There are some superb contraptions.

IMG_9780.gif

A sub theme of this thread would appear to be birds. Roc. Pigeon.

On the subject of speckled pigeons, birds  and beer (we were, weren't we?); on this occasion I'm sure, if my memory serves me correctly, that there's quite a good English beer callled 'Old Speckled Hen' ?

Describes my mother-in-law quite well, but I'd rather have the beer than ha...

Thread drift? What thread drift :angel: ?

T

• Like 7

Nice interior Martian, especially that tank. great stuff.

I think the new glasses are working - I can certainly see your photos much better now :D 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TonyTiger66 said:

I have never bought a Wingnut Wings kit, but I think they may be releasing one of these.... :heart: 

I have often thought that we should have a 'Catch The Pigeon' Group Build. There are some superb contraptions.

IMG_9780.gif

On the subject of speckled pigeons, birds  and beer (we were, weren't we?); on this occasion I'm sure, if my memory serves me correctly, that there's quite a good English beer callled 'Old Speckled Hen' ?

T

Should that not be an old bespectacled hen?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TonyTiger66 said:

Another vote for the interior detailing Martian; very nice indeed :thumbsup2: .

Just a quick note; on mobile (we surely should call them 'portable' phones?) phone versions of the forum, here in Tiger Towers, the squashy photographs ceased on page 21.

All photographs from page 21 onwards display perfectly.

Interestingly, on page 20, your pigeon is squashed, but when the General reposts it, its fine. Then your repost of the general's non squashed repost of your original squashed pigeon isn't squashed either.

Good to hear the spectacles are helping. Well, not with reference to pigeon squashing. With the modelling. Not modelling of pigeons. Or unintentional squashing. Thereof. Of pigeons. :drunk:

Best regards 

TonyT

Thanks Tony, I think I forgot to specify the size I wanted to upload Speckled Jim's picture. If I leave it to Postimage's default setting, the picture comes up too large and gets squished to fit the screen. 

1 hour ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello Tony,

Must be fun to see.

Congratulations for the interior Martian, I'll try to do half as good as you actually did.

The fuel tank is done and look like yours, now I've to detail it.

What is the Roc CD rom, you find it on the net ?

Could be interesting, did'nt have many documentation about the Roc.

Have a very nice day.

Beer goggles...

After some Chimay, you no longer need goggles of any sort, a stretcher may be but goggles ??

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

Thanks CC, the CD-ROM is the flight manual for the Roc, just put Roc flight manual into your search engine and a number of offers come up. Hopefully it should provide some enlightenment rather than relying on things being the same as the Skua and hoping for the best. We may end up doing that anyway but at least we will have tried. I am trying really hard to avoid a trip to London to get the Roc manuals out at the National Archives.

1 hour ago, TonyTiger66 said:

T

That would be a great group build. There is indeed an ale called Old Speckled Hen. Brewed by Moreland's, originally from Abingdon. Good stuff too it is.

1 hour ago, CedB said:

Nice interior Martian, especially that tank. great stuff.

I think the new glasses are working - I can certainly see your photos much better now :D 

Cheers Ced.

1 hour ago, HomerJ_757 said:

Should that not be an old bespectacled hen?

Groan!

53 minutes ago, TonyTiger66 said:

:penguin:

And I though the British were supposed to be the world's leading eccentrics! The sooner that Hitch Hiker's Guide gets updated the better in this alien's opinion.

18 minutes ago, perdu said:

The interior is reaching that "we wish you hadnt closed it up, 'cos we liked looking at it" stage Martian

Very verisimilitaneous

A way to go before the fuselage is buttoned up but I take your point, I do get a bit down when I have to glue fuselage halves together. Still, at least we have the pictures and I may do a digital photo frame thing like I am doing with the Karel Doorman project. In fact, I may do it with all my major builds from now on.

Martian

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Thanks P. I remember that some time ago we had a discussion n this forum about whether beer goggles existed or not. As I recall, the opinion of both sexes was that they do but in no way guarantee the selection of a suitable partner. I must at this stage state tha I was stone cold sober when I met Mrs Martian.

Martian

But was SHE sober?

Ian

• Like 4

5 hours ago, limeypilot said:

But was SHE sober?

Ian

Oo-eer! 

If he challenges you to a duel over that Ian just remember that with multiple tentacles that's an awful lot of leather gloves to be slapped on the cheek by...

• Like 6

9 hours ago, limeypilot said:

But was SHE sober?

Ian

I'll ask her when she gets home from work.

3 hours ago, TheBaron said:

Oo-eer! 

If he challenges you to a duel over that Ian just remember that with multiple tentacles that's an awful lot of leather gloves to be slapped on the cheek by...

As there is a more than evens chance that Ian is right, a duel may be unnecessary!

Martian

• Like 3

4 hours ago, longshanks said:

Neat work........

I can see an add for Specsavers coming, starring our Martian ;)

Kev

Thanks Kev. I didn't get them from Specsavers but although I know I will regret it, I am keen to know what form you envisage this Specsavers advert taking.

Apprehensive of Mars

• Like 3

5 hours ago, perdu said:

Oh boy

Has anybody seen that can of wriggly things icon?

I know I saw it recently but I forgot to bring it home with me...

😱😟😷😭

If anyone can open a can of wriggly things it will be Kev. Whether he can open it without incurring the wrath of Mrs Martian (always a phenomenally bad, not to say dangerous idea, I frequently have the bruises to show it) is another and very doubtful matter. :zombie:

Battered Martian

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Howlindawg said:

But was she sober when she said 'yes'? :P

I'll check and get back to you on that one.

Martian

• Like 2

Just now, Martian Hale said:

I'll check and get back to you on that one.

I think this is the moment to let it lie Martian

Some earth ladies get a bit, just a little bit, hardly a bit at all really-ish.. no not at all a bit....

Well I think I will stop before Gill puts me very high up 'Ze List!'

Nice day wasn't it, we've been warned of torrential thingmy, stuff er rain, yes that is it...

Might rain

or maybe not

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Howlindawg said:

But was she sober when she said 'yes'? :P

She says she is not so sure about that one!

31 minutes ago, perdu said:

I think this is the moment to let it lie Martian

Some earth ladies get a bit, just a little bit, hardly a bit at all really-ish.. no not at all a bit....

Well I think I will stop before Gill puts me very high up 'Ze List!'

Nice day wasn't it, we've been warned of torrential thingmy, stuff er rain, yes that is it...

Might rain

or maybe not

It seems that you may already be on "Ze List" Don't tell her what it is Bill!

I did actually get some more done on the model today, pictures in the morning.

Martian

• Like 4