Blackburn Roc Floatplane Target Tug

Ok, a test on a thing from Mars.

Will it beam down to the planet the right shape, if another type of energiser is used?

Here we go!!!!

:dalek::dalek::dalek: 

IMG_8827.jpg

Not squished anymore :o!!

Martian, the picture size is fine. I just downloaded your original image to my phone, full size, unaltered, from Postimg.

I then uploaded it to Postimg from my phone, unaltered, and it looks ok :frantic: !

Are you pasting in the link from the 'direct link' option? 

If so, then I don't know what it could be :hmmm: 

Hope my Dalek experiment didn't affect anything on Mars 👽? We can dematerialise this post and beam it away again :).

Best regards

TonyT

• Like 3

This is a truly impressive build - first class work on the interior and I do admire your patience in keeping going when things start to fall apart. Amazing what glue in the right place can do.

I had completely forgotten about those wonderful inter-war naval types - all of them up my street as they looked so handsome in the air (if or when they got there). There are just so many of these wonderful misfits to build - I already have a cabinet half full of the weird and wonderful from WW1 and earlier, and now I have rediscovered more from a later era. Scratch building some of them in 1/72 could be a bit of a challenge but who knows, one day I might just give one a try. Thanks for reminding me of their existence.

Really looking forward to this Roc being completed - another of those odd balls rarely seen.

P

• Like 2

On 18/06/2017 at 07:44, TheBaron said:

That image is still being displayed compressed horizontally for some reason Martian. Something weird is going on as I just copied and pasted this from your original over on Postimage and there's no distortion:

image.jpg

Tony

Ps. Even squished that detailing looks luscious however!

Is the squished look due to the higher gravity on your home planet?

• Like 4

Jesus H. Christ there was a float version of the Blackburn

blackburn-4.jpg

I need to unsee this.

Certainly a niche for a 1/48 version. Divorce Lawyers should fund it as it will case prove most settlements.

122mph top speed...really?? Time to 10,000ft 49 minutes...more likely.

• Like 10

Catching up - lovely work on those scratch internals Martian, very neat and tidy :)

Blackburn... again, strangely attractive... must keep taking the tablets.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SleeperService said:

blackburn-4.jpg

I need to unsee this.

Certainly a niche for a 1/48 version. Divorce Lawyers should fund it as it will case prove most settlements.

Waoooow !! They really dare it ??

You're right sleeper, she look even nicier with her boots !!

Another weird idea in my already distorted mind, thanks for that !!

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• Like 3

The Roc, see I do remember through the haze of French incahol, is looking rather, well to be honest, looking rather wonderful Martian

So is the Blackburn....urgh off to wash tonsils....   😕

• Like 4

10 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello Martian,

Very good job, You're far from my own build.... And you've told about the pace of an asthmatic snail with a bad limb, so.. I must be slower than that :huh:

Think that cutting the front retractable area from the Crystal parts will equally difficult....

I mind myself for opening the 2 sliding doors from the back of the turret, luckily enough, I have a second Crystal top turret, just in case....

Still must find where's the electrical connection and will see if I can find a 1/48 generator.

I really appreciate your job :yes:

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

Thanks Corsaircorp. Have put your own build on the forums yet? I would love to see how you go about taming this kit.

10 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Ho boy Hoooo Boy,

Will try to find it and see if I can put it in 1/48.

Hey Mr Special Hobby !! That will be a best seller, try it

Thank you Ian, it is always easier to find Something when you know what to look for..

What a nice thing, definitely want her in my Naval collection, she's a must

She has lots of nice curves, kinda like a Spitfire....:whistle:

Thank again.

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

If I still had access to woodworking facilities, I would have scratch built this in 1/48 long ago.

10 hours ago, TonyTiger66 said:

Ok, a test on a thing from Mars.

Will it beam down to the planet the right shape, if another type of energiser is used?

Here we go!!!!

:dalek::dalek::dalek: 

IMG_8827.jpg

Not squished anymore :o!!

Martian, the picture size is fine. I just downloaded your original image to my phone, full size, unaltered, from Postimg.

I then uploaded it to Postimg from my phone, unaltered, and it looks ok :frantic: !

Are you pasting in the link from the 'direct link' option? 

If so, then I don't know what it could be :hmmm: 

Hope my Dalek experiment didn't affect anything on Mars 👽? We can dematerialise this post and beam it away again :).

Best regards

TonyT

Yes, using that option as I always have, in fact as far as I am concerned nothing has changed. Still, it looks to be sorted now, maybe the Daleks helped, I mean, who's going to argue with them?

10 hours ago, pheonix said:

This is a truly impressive build - first class work on the interior and I do admire your patience in keeping going when things start to fall apart. Amazing what glue in the right place can do.

I had completely forgotten about those wonderful inter-war naval types - all of them up my street as they looked so handsome in the air (if or when they got there). There are just so many of these wonderful misfits to build - I already have a cabinet half full of the weird and wonderful from WW1 and earlier, and now I have rediscovered more from a later era. Scratch building some of them in 1/72 could be a bit of a challenge but who knows, one day I might just give one a try. Thanks for reminding me of their existence.

Really looking forward to this Roc being completed - another of those odd balls rarely seen.

P

Thanks Phoenix, if you follow my threads, they all seem to be odd balls these days. In fact you will have the weird and wonderful coming out of your ear holes if you hang around long enough!

10 hours ago, HomerJ_757 said:

Is the squished look due to the higher gravity on your home planet?

Can't be that as our gravity is only 38% of your planet's.

4 hours ago, SleeperService said:

blackburn-4.jpg

I need to unsee this.

If you look closely, that picture looks like an amphibian. :hmmm:

2 hours ago, CedB said:

Catching up - lovely work on those scratch internals Martian, very neat and tidy :)

Blackburn... again, strangely attractive... must keep taking the tablets.

Thanks Ced but I kept on taking the tablets and look how I turned out! :frantic:

2 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Waoooow !! They really dare it ??

You're right sleeper, she look even nicier with her boots !!

Another weird idea in my already distorted mind, thanks for that !!

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

You're not my long lost identical twin are you by any chance? Have a quick count of the tentacles, that should give us a clue.

1 hour ago, perdu said:

The Roc, see I do remember through the haze of French incahol, is looking rather, well to be honest, looking rather wonderful Martian

So is the Blackburn....urgh off to wash tonsils....   😕

Ironic really as I started this in a wave of British incahol induced optimism!:drunk:

• Like 6

2 hours ago, BlackAck said:

A Blackburn with floats; I think I've gone blind.

No, no need for you to get yourself to the opticians this time, it really did exist. At this period in history the carrier on the China station would spend long periods at anchor, either at Hong Kong or Wei Ha Wei and there was often a requirement for aircraft to be able to be operated as float planes written into their specifications. This was to enable flying operations to be conducted without the ship having to put to sea. I am not aware of the Blackburn being used in this way but I think that the picture probably comes from it being tested in this configuration at the Marine Aircraft  Experimental Establishment at Felixstowe.

Martian

• Like 4

Great stuff Martian old fella, interesting weapon of choice, another spectacularly underwhelming Blackburn contrivance made even worse with floats...what's not to love about it.

That's going to narrow it down at Telford! Still, I did say to the General that if he turned up in full mess kit, I would take my Earthling disguise off and come as a Martian. I wonder if he realises I was serious?

I hadn't forgotten....sadly,  now prepare for wax and a damn good thrashing ! (make of that what you will).

In deference to the earlier debate regarding aerial eyesores I must confess to having a Joystick Avro Bison and Karaya Blackburn Blackbird on standby waiting to be excreted into life.......wonderfully awful as they both are I think the BB just pips them in the looks department.

Now continue the good work... 

Edited by general melchett
  • Like 5

Hello Martian

You're not my long lost identical twin are you by any chance? Have a quick count of the tentacles, that should give us a clue.

Wait, 4 Erm no 5 tentacles, did it match ??:penguin::rofl:

After that one, just one thing left to do :pilot:

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• Like 1

5 hours ago, general melchett said:

Great stuff Martian old fella, interesting weapon of choice, another spectacularly underwhelming Blackburn contrivance made even worse with floats...what's not to love about it.

I hadn't forgotten....sadly,  now prepare for wax and a damn good thrashing ! (make of that what you will).

In deference to the earlier debate regarding aerial eyesores I must confess to having a Joystick Avro Bison and Karaya Blackburn Blackbird on standby waiting to be excreted into life.......wonderfully awful as they both are I think the BB just pips them in the looks department.

Now continue the good work... 

Thanks General, we honoured to have your august company. You are an extremely lucky General to have that Bison kit, I have been looking for one for some time now for my very own FAA beauty contest.

I am looking forward to seeing you in full mess kit at Telford. It occurs to me that other members might want to come along as their alter egos as well.

17 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello Martian

Wait, 4 Erm no 5 tentacles, did it match ??:penguin::rofl:

After that one, just one thing left to do :pilot:

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

It seems to, I am attaching a picture for comparison

Martian

250px-Kodos.png

• Like 4

Martian,

we honoured to have your august company.

Not only that but you can have my July, September and of course November company too, (October is reserved for something I couldn't possibly go into here without my brief being present). 

Ah the Bison, funnily enough I acquired it last year after it had been lanquishing on Hannant's hallowed shelves for some considerable time, I was able to get it for a song as I think they were quite glad to see the back of it. It's a lovely little number and being a quality vac just my cup of Darjeeling....I see you got yourself a Blackburn Blackburn,  I've also been after one for some time.......and the atrocity still eludes me, maybe one day I'll bag the blighter.....:whip: 

• Like 5

Atrocity? the Blackburn Blackburn? Go and wash your mouth out you naughty blasphemous General you and then take six weeks jankers without chocolate rations.

Offended of Mars

• Like 4

By George if that's how you feel about it then I shall have no choice but to build the Bison and be damned with the consequences to anyone's morals or sensibilities......I'll see your six weak Junkers and raise you one Blackburn Cubaroo and the slightly more delinquent Blackburn Blackburn trainer !

• Like 2

Sorry General, too late!

But if anyone has a Contrail Blackburn Kangaroo they don't need, I'm definitely interested.

Ian

Ps do you mean jankers?

Edited by limeypilot
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, general melchett said:

By George if that's how you feel about it then I shall have no choice but to build the Bison and be damned with the consequences to anyone's morals or sensibilities......I'll see your six weak Junkers and raise you one Blackburn Cubaroo and the slightly more delinquent Blackburn Blackburn trainer !

If I can get hold of one, I will raise you one Blackburn General Purpose Seaplane!

13 minutes ago, limeypilot said:

Sorry General, too late!

But if anyone has a Contrail Blackburn Kangaroo they don't need, I'm definitely interested.

Ian

If they have, I am prepared to jump the queue at the point of my newly acquired blurglecruncheon! :shoot:

Martian 

• Like 2

Just now, Martian Hale said:

If I can get hold of one, I will raise you one Blackburn General Purpose Seaplane!

If they have, I am prepared to jump the queue at the point of my newly acquired blurglecruncheon! :shoot:

Martian 

I claim front of the queue based on your recently acquired Blackburn, and I hope your blurglecruncheon is small so it doesn't hurt too much....

:P

Ian

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, limeypilot said:

I claim front of the queue based on your recently acquired Blackburn, and I hope your blurglecruncheon is small so it doesn't hurt too much....

:P

Ian

Its plenty big enough to rend you n the gobberwarts, see if it isn't!

Martian

• Like 2

Now funnily enough I came across a Contrail Kangeroo in the kitswap last year up for a reasonable price but made the fatal error of wandering off to 'think about it' with the inevitable consequence that upon my return a mere ten minutes later some cad had purloined it ! Always a bad move, thinking about things.....

You leave me no alternative other than to up the stakes yet again......a Blackburn F.3 along with a Blackburn Sidecar chucked in for good measure and if that doesn't do the trick I'll just have to finish my PH Model Botha, gobberwarts and all...

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

Right! Gloves are off! I think this trumps all of yours.

blackburn_tb.jpg

Martian

Aaaaaah this one is also a winner !

First time for me to see her, what's her name ??

Whoooops, I'll be late for work...

See you later, take care,

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• Like 2

Between trying to keep our beloved General Melchet under control and trying to avoid melting in your harsh Earth climate, I have managed to get a bit more done. Not as much as I would like but such work as I can manage has to be done in the middle of the night when things are a tad cooler.

The heat has put a temporary stop to the SH-34 build as then next step requires some painting and airbrushing in this heat is a non-starter as th paint will start to dry before it hits the model and not level out properly.

Anyhow, Last light I got some more structure built and fitted the gunner's floor or at least that is what it is described as in the Air Publication. Another session should see the basic elements of the fuselage structure done which means I can get on to fine detailing. The next major structural . work on the model will be to see about plating in the undercarriage recesses.

Thanks for looking

Martian

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Aaaaaah this one is also a winner !

First time for me to see her, what's her name ??

Whoooops, I'll be late for work...

See you later, take care,

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

It is the Blackburn Twin Torpedo Bomber. I just see the General badgering Darling to come up with something sillier from the Blackburn stable. :poke:

Martian

• Like 1