German cavalry

Dear Friends

I had a go at this old set from Dragon 2007 to see whether I could make a go at painting horse flesh

Most fun was getting the reins to look realistic - micro masking tape!

Hope you like them?

Andrew

• Like 22

11 minutes ago, AndrewCJ50 said:

Hope you like them?

Like them? I was going to offer them sugar lumps! Don't worry about the painting of the horse flesh. You nailed it. They look great.

John.

10 hours ago, AndrewCJ50 said:

Thanks John

My daughter thought the second rider had his reins too slack, but maybe the second horse knows to follow the feldwebel ahead?

Andrew

More worrisome: the saddle strings on both horses (around the horse bellies) are too far in the back, it would not hold the saddle as it is, the rider would fall pretty soon.

But none cares, they look amazing and the scenery around is perfect. :penguin::happy: :thumbsup::clap2:

Dear Blaubar, oops you can tell I don't ride horses!  The background is just a sky railway  poster stuck to some board and then some scenery stuck on top of that, quite simple really!

Andrew

I assumed so^^, I just thought I'd let you know. Maybe you are doing another horse dio at some point. It does not change the awesome quality of your dio though. Great work with the poster, it merges so well!

brilliant job ... and the riders look to be actually riding the horses... i.e. a nice deep seat and not just precariously attached to the saddle.  Very convincing. :goodjob:

BillyD

Thanks Billy D, getting them properly on those saddles was important to me.  I suppose if the horses were trotting they would lift up, but then the riders leg would go straight and Dragon gave them bent knees!

Andrew