Hi from Wilmslow!

Harvey

Hi everyone :lol: I am a casual modeller from Wilmslow who has been modelling since a very young age (my first model was revell's 1:72 spitfire) and first started with 1:72 aircraft and tanks before moving on to Warhammer 40,000 when I was about 10 which has cost me hundreds on models, books and paints. I have recently taken a deep interest in warship modelling and have so far constructed the 1:800 USS America by Kangnam (picked it up at a boot sale for £10 years ago) and have nearly finished a 1:450 Akagi by Haesagawa (with added Eduard 1:450 ijn rails). I am most interested in 1:350 japanese warships, which has led me to gather the last of my expendable cash to purchase Tamiya's monsterous 1:350 Yamato premium (2011 re tooling) in addition to the railing set (god help me!). I am further considering adding the Eduard detail kit as Flyhawk and Lionroar are wayyy out of my price range- being 14 I dont have the cash to purchase many large model kits or PE sets so if anyone has any unused 1:350 Yamato PE parts or unwanted 1:350 kits they would greatly appreciated B) .

Thanks for taking your time to read this and I hope we meet some time on these forums, Harvey :D

Edited by Harvey

I imagine I will have got to a mostly finished point by the end of summer, but will continue to make the odd further touch in the following months after. :hourglass:

I guess it all depends on how long that railing kit takes to apply and if I add any further PE. Hopefully my build will be well documented on either youtube or on this website (I will put atleast something on)