B-45A/C bomb bay

LanceB

Just curious if anyone has any references on the B-45A/C Tornado bomb bay.  I have found a few images online that provide a good idea of how the doors worked, but aside from one cutaway of questionable accuracy I can't find anything on what the bomb bay itself looked like - whether it was flat-roofed the full length, or if the aft bay was deeper as it was behind the wing spars, or what the rack arrangement looked like... nothing!

Anyone have any pointers?

Ginter Naval Fighter Books has announced that one of the next releases in their Air Force Legends series will be the B-45. I am betting that if there are any good photos or drawings of the bomb bay, they will be in that reference. No publication date, yet. Having just purchased the Valom B-45A, I am eagerly awaiting this monograph.

Mike

7 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Ginter Naval Fighter Books has announced that one of the next releases in their Air Force Legends series will be the B-45. I am betting that if there are any good photos or drawings of the bomb bay, they will be in that reference. No publication date, yet. Having just purchased the Valom B-45A, I am eagerly awaiting this monograph.

Mike

True, but I think that release has been promised since the B-45 first flew almost... I seem to recall hearing of it some years ago, when I was looking for references for the Mach 2 kit.  Perhaps one day...

7 hours ago, datguy said:

This may help a little: B-45 centerline cutaway

Thanks for that, so that makes two drawings that show a constant-depth bay, where there is smoke there may be fire!

This pic shows at least 9 bombs falling:

8e5d9f320951c6efd285693ba3e563c5.jpg

all from the aft part of the bomb bay. Most likely there were 10 so best guess five per side. This video shows a Mk-7 being loaded into a B-45 bomb bay:

a bit dark but some details can be seen. Finally there is this drawing that shows the airframe:

http://postimg.cc/image/s69sqc27n/

Jari

11 hours ago, rossm said:

Works for me - using Firefox

Hmmm... I've got Chrome and Explorer, page does not respond on either.

The backup computer upstairs has Safari and Firefox, will try that later.

10 hours ago, Don McIntyre said:

Works fine with Chrome on my Mac.

Well I have no idea then - I have tried Chrome, Explorer, Safari and Firefox, on Mac and Windows machines, and get

time-out errors on every option.  Chrome offers me a Google-cached version, but that won't even show the thumbnails,

the Wayback Machine has cached copies of the site which show thumbnails but (unusually...) not of the actual images,

so I cannot click through or use the Wayback Machine to directly access the images' URLs and see larger versions.

Seems I am sorry-out-of-luck with that site.

On 5/31/2017 at 7:12 PM, LanceB said:

Now there are some useful pics...

If the links worked, which unfortunately they don't...  not even the wayback machine seems to be able to ressurect the images!

Works for me, with Chrome on my ancient Win XP machine. :spudniksmurf:

Larry

6 hours ago, Finn said:

Here is one from the above site:

030b45.jpg

Jari

Wow, this is weird - that image will not open for me.  It times out before opening!

I know there is a half-day time difference between Japan and the US, but still, it shouldn't take half a day to open a webpage! ;-)

• Like 1