12 minutes ago, Spookytooth said:

Break open the beers then, some burgers coming your way soon.

See what he meant about that fit...Fun times ahead.

Simon.

You have a way with words Simon ;) Yep, the fit looks nasty................................

• Like 1

The interior of this guy, really looks like a Pub, maybe he's missing a barrel of beer ......:drink:and even has the perfect name "Ye Olde Unicorn", very cool steampunk touch, with its armchairs to the "Machine of Time" by H.G. Wells ...

Cheers Julian :popcorn:

• Like 1

Looks like you are really cracking on with this build Julian the interior is looking rather nice :thumbsup:

Now about that Jacuzzi and Katey Perry  the missus might just have something to say about that  :whistle:

beefy

• Like 1

14/6 update.

The slug is all sealed up. No chance of removing any panels to peek inside but you can peer through the entrance hatches and the observation "growth" over the commander/driver seats can be removed so the innards are not completely gone forever. At this stage I ask myself again why I bought such an ugly looking thing. It is really amazingly uninteresting at this stage (maybe camo will liven things up, well, guess not...................................):

DSCN5082.jpg

DSCN5083.jpg

DSCN5084.jpg

DSCN5085.jpg

DSCN5086.jpg

DSCN5087.jpg

DSCN5088.jpg

:hmmm:

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Spookytooth said:

but at that time I suppose elegant enough to do the job

Was Tommy supposed to fall over laughing :winkgrin:  :rofl:

Camo is good, we might not be able to see it

Or you could paint it to match a brick S*** house, though why one would be wandering around I don't know..............

think I'll go lie down.

Kev

PS Everything good except shape, no reflection on your skills

• Like 1

Here is mine.  Color and weathering certainly adds interest.  personally I think the crude design is historically interesting from a design aspect.  Clearly it was a rushed design with no forethought to help counter the threat from the British units as clearly demonstrated when compared alongside the British Mk.IV.

received_10155456646956756_zps6tiuqjn5.jreceived_10155456646911756_zpsic90usel.jreceived_10155456702791756_zpsaiqlshqr.j

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Spookytooth said:

That looks butt ugly Gremlin, but at that time I suppose elegant enough to do the job.:goodjob:

Simon.

See why I call it the slug Simon? The Germans didn't build many of these, can guess why.........................................................:hmmm:

3 hours ago, longshanks said:

Was Tommy supposed to fall over laughing :winkgrin:  :rofl:

Camo is good, we might not be able to see it

Or you could paint it to match a brick S*** house, though why one would be wandering around I don't know..............

think I'll go lie down.

Kev

PS Everything good except shape, no reflection on your skills

Think you are being unfair to the designers, the guys who built the VW Beetle, the Audi A1, Angela Merkel and software assisted sooty diesel engines to name but a few iconic Germanic articles.

On the other hand they also invented the Döner pizza, (or was it a Turkish gentleman who went to live in Germany?). Now I can remember a few times I would have been extremely happy to see a brick :poop:house rolling down the street ;)

Heck, never doubted my skills, can you imagine how this would have looked without my usual TLC and delicate touch?

:P

• Like 1

Some how I do not think that Delicate touch and Brick :poop:house should be used quite so close together

Never doubt any of your skills Julian that is why I follow your builds that and the entertainment value of course :D

The Slug does look bland now that all the red leather and brass are sort of covered up

Will you be combining your Whippet build with the Slug in a Small Diorama or has Martian not got to you yet  :wonder:

beefy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kris B said:

Painting soon, good news. 

Mikehool can you pass an info of the paints you used, please? 

I purchased the AK WWI vehicles volume 1 pack that is in association with Meng.  The only colour I substituted was the brown as the one in the set seemed to be very 'terracotta' in tone and to my personal taste just looked wrong so I substituted with Tamiya Red Brown.  The Brown from the set may be accurate but I just did not like the look of it in comparison to all the reference imagery I see

• Like 1

19 hours ago, beefy66 said:

Some how I do not think that Delicate touch and Brick :poop:house should be used quite so close together

Never doubt any of your skills Julian that is why I follow your builds that and the entertainment value of course :D

The Slug does look bland now that all the red leather and brass are sort of covered up

Will you be combining your Whippet build with the Slug in a Small Diorama or has Martian not got to you yet  :wonder:

beefy

Hi Keith, the reference to my non existent skills and rather heavy handed approach to model building in general was meant to be a funny ;)

I think the slug will look better when camo is applied, I'll be using the MiG WW I British/German paint set (just mentioning this to blend in with the other painty choosy comments in this thread :hmmm::wicked:).

I won't be posing it in a dio along with the Whippet, you know that my dio's are as scarce as morals and honesty in a politician.

I have the "Kasperskiy anti Martian software package"  installed on my 'puter : it shrinks martians even further, dries them, removes all medication and appoints them as referees at all IS happenings in the Middle East.

:wicked::yahoo:

• Like 4

16/6 update.

Finished adding all sorts of small PE and plastic parts to the slug. Completed the base coat of Vallejo black acrylic base. Camo free-hand sprayed using a Badger Extreme Patriot, best airbrush around.

Built up camo layer by layer. Final layer was a faded green brush up to pull things together. Tidied up the exhausts, MG's and tow wire. Added a layer of Vallejo matt acrylic varnish and let things dry before adding the decals. The decals are the same as Roden decals, thick, prone to tearing and difficult to zapp into submission with decal liquids, in one word :poop::poop:. Base coat applied, decals drying and settling. Next stage weathering the slug:

DSCN5089.jpg

DSCN5091.jpg

DSCN5093.jpg

DSCN5095.jpg

DSCN5097.jpg

DSCN5099.jpg

DSCN5100.jpg

DSCN5101.jpg

DSCN5102.jpg

DSCN5103.jpg

Badger Patriot Extreme: Loved the Krome but this is better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVtwWHbVjAE

Cheers

:P

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Bullbasket said:

They might be a PITA, but they look good once applied. Nice spray job.

John.

Thanks John, Mark softer can help a lot. I'll be able to fix it but it certainly isn't Cartograph.

12 minutes ago, longshanks said:

Finally it 's starting to look the part.

Tasty bit of brush work

Great cudgelling of decals

Just don't park it next to a real tank

Kev

Cudgeling is certainly the correct description here Kev. I think I have splashed about 7 layers on so far. The decals are surrendering though. Airbrush is the magic word here. Just love Badgers: mistreat them, clean them when necessary, use too thick paints, drop them on a concrete floor etc.love Badgers.......................

It is the first German Panzer: This is Buttercup and HD Judy's grandpa choogling through return roller deep mud. The Neanderthal Panzer...........................................

Okay, I agree, it's unbelievably ugly and I wouldn't buy it again :P

What a progress. Camo is lovely. Decals also looks good, especially that one on the top. How did you done the holes in it? Nothing really to pinch. 

• Like 1