1/48 Meng Messerschmitt Me410A-1

Hi guys, well after finishing the Hunter Killer diorama, I am building a new kit which will be another diorama with ground crew, but anyhow here are a few photos of my progress from this weekend.

KqouNdd.jpg
mBSSumQ.jpg
sAc55ql.jpg
MIp49Hh.jpg
tkNXKHE.jpg
G4EcYRJ.jpg
bKAkbWh.jpg
wFCUaqY.jpg
3o0XXXt.jpg
H2kkCUq.jpg
NIqBV9Q.jpg
Gj0iFTC.jpg
XgWfR2O.jpg
ZIQMeEM.jpg
2VBnpgl.jpg
2mefshC.jpg
GS30ZK3.jpg
B43vc3J.jpg
axmHcj1.jpg
9lQcznO.jpg
UTM6ZMt.jpg
iPJes6N.jpg

Edited by Lee Chambers
  • Like 7

6 hours ago, matteo44 said:

Nice work !

Can I ask, what did you used for painted the exaust?

Hi Matt,for the exhaust staining i used black basecoat followed by Mr Metal Color dark iron 214 enamel bufferable paint,then for the rust colour i used AK light rust enamel wash just gently brushed over the pipes,i hope that helps.

18 hours ago, Lee Chambers said:

Hi Matt,for the exhaust staining i used black basecoat followed by Mr Metal Color dark iron 214 enamel bufferable paint,then for the rust colour i used AK light rust enamel wash just gently brushed over the pipes,i hope that helps.

Yes of course

Thank you very much Lee

• Like 1

Hi guys, as this is going to be a diorama, I planned to have one engine open being worked on. I also needed a pilot and a navigator but the kit did not include figures, I raided my spares box and found a Tamiya 1/48 Mossi pilot complete with control column. The kit control column was very small and spindly so I decided to use the Mossi part, I had to adjust his boots position to get him to fit in the cockpit correctly, but he looks ok I think. Also I bought an ICM ground crew kit and I've spent this weekend hand painting them in readiness for the diorama. More to come soon.

UpWLnpJ.jpg
PpjeoMd.jpg
96dn2QQ.jpg
xUZ7F0f.jpg
73iHKbS.jpg
jbWpbXE.jpg
SZMCex6.jpg
XgtYKYb.jpg
72z1gEs.jpg
lWl4rYg.jpg
fEXgxym.jpg

Edited by Lee Chambers
  • Like 2

Hi folks, well as this plane is going into a diorama, I decided to have an engine running. So by looking in my spares box, I came up with this little geared motor. It has a slim profile and fitted easily into the engine cowl. I had to raise it up slightly and cut about 6mm off the shaft, but the prop fits very well. I fed the wiring from the motor down to the back wheel and then it goes through the base, I can run it on 9 volts and it spins at a nice scale speed. The colours I used on the plane so far were AK RLM 74/75/76 and Tamiya XF 72 and XF 73. Once I had fitted the decals, I used a sanding stick and sanded the decals on the wings and fuselage sides to give a more worn effect. I then sealed the paintwork with Klear and then gave the whole plane a wash by using Flory dark dirt followed by another clear coat. Then I added some oils in certain areas and gave the plane a final clear coat with Tamiya matt clear followed by a light dusting of Vallejo clear. I should be able to start work on the diorama base this week.

0Xd2cuP.jpg
bA1AlrC.jpg
uBE5DIO.jpg
TaR3wkt.jpg
nakPkzM.jpg
5HeJuXj.jpg
zlMpckH.jpg
zzShDsV.jpg
DLsBr9H.jpg
Te0FrJx.jpg
SJ2esex.jpg
mPELwsE.jpg
6aAyhL4.jpg
Gdimafe.jpg
IhqaoSB.jpg
bxx1Gjf.jpg

Edited by Lee Chambers
  • Like 7

Hey! It's a cracking build! Do you plan to post your diorama building process here as well?

Thinking about to get in touch with dioramas - so it would be interesting to see how you do it...

35 minutes ago, Vadim said:

Hey! It's a cracking build! Do you plan to post your diorama building process here as well?

Thinking about to get in touch with dioramas - so it would be interesting to see how you do it...

Thanks Vadim,yes you will get to see the base and all the figures placed on it,should be fun !

• Like 1

Great work so far, I'm really excited to see this WIP as I have had my eye on building this kit for over a year (it was one of the first kits I bought for stock a year ago and I have actually tried hard not to sell any so that I can make one :whistle:).

Duncan B

• Like 1

Hi everyone, this is my first aircraft diorama and first time modelling grass effects. I wanted to give the grass a patchy worn and torn up look, so I used a yellow cotton duster that had been washed in indian ink to darken it, which was glued on to a cake board base that had a polystyrene block glued to it, this would contain the battery and switch. By using pva white glue diluted with water, I sprayed it over the yellow duster, sprinkled various shades of the grass over the base, sealing it with more pva and tapping it down with the back of a spoon. Then adding more where needed, also scraping the edge of the spoon over some areas to give rough and torn patches. My next post will be the final reveal.

HjjsP2r.jpg
LbkaCMr.jpg
nQ8RJtR.jpg
0nJ3BAj.jpg
Wh0umw1.jpg
LTHzqKM.jpg
wIboOQG.jpg
bP1VGP7.jpg
WtPk5md.jpg
Pt82WaQ.jpg

Edited by Lee Chambers
  • Like 2