Meng SS003 Achzarit Early

Right, here goes with my first finished plastic tank in, I think, seventeen years...

Israeli 'Sinai Grey' is said to be very hard to photograph - it never looks the same colour twice... Well, I must have got the model colour about right, because it's a complete to photograph! The shadows are nothing like as green in 'real life'

AchzaritF1.jpg

AchzaritF2.jpg

AchzaritF3.jpg

AchzaritF4.jpg

AchzaritF5.jpg

AchzaritF6.jpg

AchzaritL.jpg

Cheers,
Phil

Edited by Greg B
Swearing removed
  • Like 17

Thanks very much lads!

As for what's next... I'm rather spoilt for choice - the IDF has so many fascinating vehicles, all of which I'd like to model. A Merkava (2D, 3D LIC or 4 LIC) is on the cards, as is a Puma engineer vehicle (good old Centurion in one of its odder disguises). A good mate in the USA has sent me a present - an Academy M113 Fitter - but it hasn't arrived yet. If it did, I'd probably build that. But right now, I'm just enjoying (a) looking at what I've achieved and (b) 'researching' possible next projects.

Very nice build,figures and all.I just want to add one small thing the colour does not quite look right its to green it should be more towards the btown/drap colour,I normally use Humbrol 84 as my base and then mix in a bit of slate grey,black,sand depending on what I want to achieve.Humbrol 72 gives a very nice base for a faded paint job on a old vehicale

Edited by Oliver d

1 hour ago, Oliver d said:

Very nice build,figures and all.I just want to add one small thing the colour does not quite look right its to green it should be more towards the btown/drap colour,I normally use Humbrol 84 as my base and then mix in a bit of slate grey,black,sand depending on what I want to achieve.Humbrol 72 gives a very nice base for a faded paint job on a old vehicale

If you read my post, you'd find that the colour didn't come out right in the photos. In real life it isn't the colour it appears in the photos; it's greyer, less green-looking; it matches many of the photos in the books I used as reference - from Desert Eagle and SabIngaMartin publications.

I used Vallejo Model Air 'Sinai Grey' over a brown/grey primer - so it's probably a wee bit browner than the original. Over that, there's a layer of yellowish dust. I just can't get Photoshop (with which I am not a beginner) to get my photos back to the original colour.

Edited by PhilHendry