British universal carrier mk 2,

Hewy

• 2 weeks later...

8Due to the pita photo bucket which has wiped out 3 of my current wip gb's and  just finished threads and rfi's I've been a bit behind ..but along with sorting out a new hosting service ( for how long god only knows) I've been working on the carrier ,I've  made a bit of a fence for the front to help with the  stuff it'll be carrying, out of a coffee stirrer and cocktail sticks  , and added  some fuel cans , decaled and given it a bit of a weather, now i dont usualy build armour,more of a wing man ,so weathering has been a bit of a trial and error  for me ,lots of internet ,youtube, and magazine articles,along with some great builds in the armour section,  so please if anyone has any advice from what I've already done i'm up for it , still a way to go ,hopefully I'm going in the right direction

I shall also  be having a go at making some tarpaulins  from tissue and pva ,that will be next   cheers 

Glynn

2017-07-03_08-22-38

2017-07-03_08-21-46

2017-07-03_08-22-23

2017-07-03_08-24-31

• Like 7

I would say your weathering is looking really good Glynn. Your chipping effects are especially impressive and the modulation in the paint looks spot on. Very nicely done. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

I've had a little time on the carrier ,the tissue and pva tarps ,are still a wip, but ive painted the radio man,and added a few bits and bobs ,and fitted the tracks, and i made a bit of a pigs ear of them to be honest, I'm hoping the vignette base hides it, they were very brittle, and in hind sight i shouldn't have used ca, maybe should've used epoxy, but i live and learn

Thanks for looking ,comments and tips most welcome

Glynn

2017-07-08_02-56-512017-07-08_02-34-40

2017-07-08_02-33-45

2017-07-08_02-37-182017-07-08_02-42-27

2017-07-08_02-35-22

2017-07-08_02-35-38

• Like 6

8 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Missed this for some reason Glynn, but glad I've found it now.

Excellent weathering mate, looks really good.

Thanks craig, I'm having fun weathering it to death:P,  I'm planning the vignette now ,got a couple of ideas, that include a bridge and a germam motorcycle and captured rider,o

If it pans out 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PlaStix said:

That really is looking brilliant Glynn. Very impressive effects! :thumbsup2:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks stix I'm enjoying the weathering process ,makes a nice change from aircraft,

10 minutes ago, Old Man said:

That is looking very nice indeed, Sir.

Most kind old man, (does that sound cheeky to anyone else):ner:,thanks  though i appreciate it

Glynn

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/07/2017 at 21:17, Badder said:

That's a beaut!

Rearguards,

Badder

Thanks badder a bit more to do when i get time from the scammell

2 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

Wow that looks good. For a man who doesn't do armour you are hiding it well!

Regards,

Adrian

Most kind adrian, got to admit i botched the resin tracks but you live and learn, i have painted the squad to go with this, and I've made some rolled and folded up tarpaulins from tissue and pva, a little update to come when i get back off my holidays

Thanks again gents

Glynn 

• Like 1