revell fokker 100 british airways/tat

Hi everyone, i recently saw a photo that reminded me that this aircraft wore BA livery back in the mid nineties,as I had one in the cupboard and some spare BA decals in the spares folder I thought it would be an enjoyable little project and so it proved to be.Had to use a bit of modellers license with some items, the badge on the tail fin comes from an airfix 737 and is a little oversize,also door and emergency exit outlines come from a 707 and should be white but are a good match for size, the red striping comes from an extradecal sheet also lettering for TAT logo. overall it was a very enjoyable build.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       DSC00162_zpslkrxgcu3.jpg                   

DSC00163_zpsjdfaau4a.jpg      

DSC00165_zpsjs1v1oil.jpg        

DSC00159_zps0qcoycxc.jpg

DSC00161_zps8tb2rwvw.jpg                                                                                                                                                                                  

• Like 14

Another unusual one for your British Airways fleet, well done , nice to look at. May be you have more active airframes than BA at the moment!:idea:

Very nice build in a smart livery for a Fokker 100.

And a good idea with the decals.

Fokker 100s are getting rarer sights these days on airports as well as in Revell kit form,so this is a welcome addition here on BM.

Mine should come off production line soon as well,but in Swissair livery

1 hour ago, Turbofan said:

Now there's something you don't see every day! Good use of the spare decal stash.

Did you use xtracolor for the white/grey?

Cheers,

Ian

Hi Ian,the white/grey is plastikote gloss white aerosol from hobbycraft decanted to use in airbrush with just a hint of black added to try and tone it down slightly, have to admit i find the debate about BA grey very confusing as when I look at photos it seems more biased towards the white to me, or perhaps its just me and I really do need to go to specsavers.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Cheers Michael.