1/48 hasegawa a-4k RNZAF & Kinetic Mirage IIIO RAAF

Hello folks,

i am building this at the moment as soon to be followed with an Australian Mirage IIIO. Sought of an Oceana theme.

paints are gunze and decals are gekko graphics

PHpQ1vq.jpg

Kji0VjC.jpg

gsyWDjw.jpg

eB6xTew.jpg

4GWb50Q.jpg

Thanks for looking in

rgds

brian

• Like 13

Lovely work (and my favourite/most nostalgic RNZAF Skyhawk scheme :) ), I have the Kahu version sitting idle on the bench at the moment while I figure out how to build the HUD and instrument coaming. My only query is are you sure you have the right size roundels? They look a little large for that scheme.

Edited by mumbles
  • Like 1

Cheers guys....sadly my modelling time is restricted....I hope to get some bench time in soon....and hopefully will be the last sitting to complete it......

mumbles..........yes I think I screwed up the insignia size.....will tend to it............thanks for pointing it out................the mirage needs some quality time as well............and boy oh boy its very poor in the fitting department.

Aidy....I think there should be ...................but not sure about the roo insignia' though............I might sell the entire sheet as use the box option of 2 ocu but paint it with Green and Brown camo............have not decided.............will keep you posted

Best Regards

Brian

Got it almost to the finish line. Just the clear bits to go

mlycwZM.jpg

TyY0oOI.jpg

rIq93S6.jpg

zXRMbYZ.jpg

clzGO8k.jpg

lastly the mirage got some "love"...just about ready for final rub down and bath. Then onto painting. Will hold the nz scooter until the mirage is up to it. Sorry but the mirage is one ill fitting kitty

best regards

brian

• Like 4

Thanks for the nice words man ...much obliged....

anyways got the mirage painted and decalled.....

vsIXyBT.jpg

BmMZZBD.jpgtbFeauH.jpg

next will be to weather and focus on the small bits......

rgds

mr b

• Like 1

Thanks matteo

There are many inperfections on the build...objective is the finish it and as long it looks like a mirage i am happy....

anyways its the muslim new year in my part of the world and we got some days off my aim is to try and complete both of these builds asap

ran into some issue with the after market seat...it can fit....so it will be the kit seat then....gear is on as with a flat coat....next weapons and finer bits and bring both to a close

xQPgynJ.jpg

TJdI24m.jpg

VA53gA2.jpg

best regards 

mr b

• Like 4