Hi guys, sci fi model fan here (Alien, Robocop) just starting to get into armour

Meteors

Hello everyone,

I've been reading this forum for a while now, and it's been a great source of info and inspiration so I thought it was time to say hello. In the 80s and 90s I used to build a lot of those Halcyon Alien kits, the old Star Wars kits, and do a fair amount of Citadel Miniatures too. Then I stopped modelling as much when booze and women came on the scene. Over the last few years I've rebuilt my Halcyon collection and I'm ready to start in earnest. I also picked up a few oldies like the Horizon Robocop and ED-209, as well as an old Screamin' Freddy. I used to have all these but lost them all due to various mishaps, house moving disasters, and general tomfoolery.

Lately I've also started to really get into the idea of making tanks, maybe it's all the late night hours spent watching WW2 movies and TV shows and drinking whisky, but something about that period and those machines is really speaking to me. I guess I'm not alone judging by the amount interest in armour from that era. So I went out and bought a fat King Tiger to tackle, should be fun!

Hopefully I'll get some pics of builds up soon. Last week I finished my Halcyon Alien warrior, and my Bandai A-wing is almost done.

Thanks for having me!

Tom

34964962365_ce12f3d909_b.jpg

34964949285_cc14af047d_c.jpg

34122006424_7075c5b9c3_b.jpg

:welcome: aboard Tom... just don't give anyone your address, or they'll rob your stash! :ninja:

A Takom KT is a good armour project to have a start on, as it's a nicely detailed, modern kit.  Good luck with it :)

• Like 1

Hi, Tom.

Welcome to Britmodeller, mate. I hope you find it a very friendly and useful place to be. 

I am really liking your stash, my friend. Those Halcyon kits a worth a fair few Aussie Dollars / Pounds these days, as I'm sure you're aware. They are all very worth the effort to build. 

Cheers.

Chris.   

• Like 1