Halifax B Mk. I/II/GRII - Revell 1/72

Hello Ced, you Rock'n roll star.  Lemmy would be proud of that!  About your  flayed 1'st toe (In german it's called "Dicker Onkel" and the rest four up to five). I once had an incident barefoot  with my bathroom door frame at night, which caused the same or darker colour with an broken 2nd one. So my second toe left will always show the left side at the front . My doc told me, that Quark would be very good to be anti inflammatory (thank you dict.cc). And this worked well. A bit of a mess, but old school as my grandma did, when there was nothing else. No Voltaren or else with all their side effects. Cheers

Edited by bbudde
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, bbudde said:

which caused the same or darker colour with an broken 2nd one

That was my thought as well, reckon you might have broken the bone, Ced. Not that the doctor will usually do much apart from tape it to a neighbour and tell you to avoid doing it again. Plus sensible anti-inflammatory measures: ice initially, keep it raised if possible, don't over-do it, and take some NSAIDs if you can.

I like the tattoo sleeves, think they add a certain roguishness. The Halibag is moving along nicely as well!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Beard said:

The 'like' for everything but the stubbed toe.

12 hours ago, giemme said:

Same here. :D

Ciao

11 hours ago, keefr22 said:

And here!

Hwyl fawr

2 hours ago, AlexN said:

Sorry to read of your horrible injury - looks nasty. Best wishes for its recovery!

A.

Thanks Chaps - very kind of you. It'll get better I'm sure, just a few days of elevation and hopefully the throbbing will stop. Although I suppose, at my age, any throbbing is to be enjoyed (fnaar, snurf!) :D 

13 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

SWMBO just caight a glimpse of your big toe as she was about to serve dinner and said "that's gross! " I think you've put her off her pork with Roquefort sauce, never mind, all the more for me.

Cheers

John

25 minutes ago, Biggles87 said:

We have a surgical boot left over from Mrs B's Achilles' tendon injury if that would be of any use.

John

Thanks John and apologies to Mrs B for spoiling her dinner... but pork with Roquefort sauce sounds delicious! I hope you enjoyed it :) 

Thanks also for the kind offer of the boot but I think I'll just tough it out - if it gets too much I can always put on the tattoo sleeves and toughen up!

11 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

I don't normally care for crew figures in models but I have to admit to being rather attracted to what you have done here.

Martian

Thanks Martian - glad you like them! I do remember though, with fondness, the figures in your Haunebu, especially Helga! Sadly now spoilt by the PB nonsense, I hope you have the original photos somewhere :) 

8 hours ago, AlexN said:

Is that attraction because they look like a healthily-sized martian dinner (or would if they were 72 times bigger), Martian?

Thanks Alex :D 

6 hours ago, bbudde said:

Hello Ced, you Rock'n roll star.  Lemmy would be proud of that!  About your  flayed 1'st toe (In german it's called "Dicker Onkel" and the rest four up to five). I once had an incident barefoot  with my bathroom door frame at night, which caused the same or darker colour with an broken 2nd one. So my second toe left will always show the left side at the front . My doc told me, that Quark would be very good to be anti inflammatory (thank you dict.cc). And this worked well. A bit of a mess, but old school as my grandma did, when there was nothing else. No Voltaren or else with all their side effects. Cheers

Cheers Benedikt - Rock star? Me? Oooh thanks! :D Mrs B has provided some Arnica cream which she says will help with the bruising. Very 'alternative medicine'!

2 minutes ago, amblypygid said:

That was my thought as well, reckon you might have broken the bone, Ced. Not that the doctor will usually do much apart from tape it to a neighbour and tell you to avoid doing it again. Plus sensible anti-inflammatory measures: ice initially, keep it raised if possible, don't over-do it, and take some NSAIDs if you can.

I like the tattoo sleeves, think they add a certain roguishness. The Halibag is moving along nicely as well!

Thanks Chris :) I did suggest to Mrs B that we ought to have a trip to the A&E but our last visit for Mrs B's foot resulted in a long, long wait and then a 20 minute 'consultation' with a nurse who merely discussed whether her injury was an Accident or Emergency and then sent her home. Waste of time. My last visit when I stubbed another toe (hang on, there's a trend here) resulted, as you say, in a strapping and no X-ray so I can probably cope on my own without putting any strain on the NHS. Bless 'em.

The sleeves are a bit of fun and, as you say, will come in useful when I want to appear 'ard. Hmmm. Need to work on the other aspects I guess.

• Like 6

Ooerr. That pranged tootsie looks painful Ced. Between that and rocking those tatts you seem to be breaking out in colour all over at the moment sir.

Apply plenty of ice.

To a tall glass.

Then simply add booze.

Repeat treatment until  you float away in one of those "Happiness is a cigar called Hamlet" reveries.

I hope you get less discoloured and swollen soon.

• Like 3

That toe photo reminds me of the one and only time that I ever went snow skiing, eleven years ago: my big toe went black and the nail eventually fell off. I think that it was a badly fitted boot. So I feel your pain (empathetically) and hope that your nail remains in place. Matters were made worse for me by Australia being booted out of the World Cup by a bunch of posturing, er, 'gentlemen' who aggrandised themselves with the title of 'Italian World Cup Football Team'. Cheats.

Arnica eh? One of the forgotten herbs. Since spring is around the corner, I must look out some more herbs for the herb garden, recent frosts not having been kind to my large collection of mints. Arnica might be just the thing.

I don't think that I'd recommend adding any arnica to The Baron's sensible liquid remedy, but as a lotion, it sounds good. Aloe vera might work too, although it's mostly used for burns.

Best of British for its recovery, in any case.

• Like 1

Ouch! Oh the times I've done that... I'm always stubbing toes or loosing toe nails.....

I admire the effort in bounding up the stairs two at a time... I can't get up the stairs without moaning of some exercised induced pain/injury. I will often refuse to go upstairs unless really necessary!

• Like 2

If it helps, I have just run over my foot with my mobility scooter not recommended!

Martian of the Sore Foot

• Like 5

Weathering on that toe looks amazing!  :wicked:I properly double took on yer arms, pretty convincing.  Oh, excelent button up work too. :lol: very nice dear boy. 

Johnny boy.

seriously though hope the purple gets better soon. :winkgrin:

• Like 2

15 hours ago, TheBaron said:

Then simply add booze.

Thanks Tony - good idea! I ran out of red wine this evening and Mrs B kindly popped up the 'Tesco Express' for supplies, bless her :) 

Thanks Alex - I'm not sure the Arnica is doing that much good but hey, never hurts to try old remedies eh? i hear some herbs can be, ahem, quite medicinal! :wicked: 

Thanks Leon - I'm being careful of the stairs at the moment; once bitten, twice shy! :) 

Hi Benedikt - crikey, that was fast! I hope the sprue bits are useful :) 

Thanks Martian - crikey, you mean those scooters aren't equipped with safety brakes? Nasty! :) 

Thanks Bill - the sleeves will be worn only for humorous effect... not really my thing either! :shutup: 

Thanks Simon - Ginger beer that time, my turn to drive, but yes, it was tasty thanks :) 

Thanks Johnny - I've had a couple of days of resting now and I'm bored as heck so I hope to do some more Halibag tomorrow :) 

Thanks TT - great clip. "One of us is gonna move, either me or that big toe". Now, where's my Euk?

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, CedB said:

Thanks Martian - crikey, you mean those scooters aren't equipped with safety brakes? Nasty! :) 

OK, I'll give you all a good laugh. I caught my beer belly aka modeller's shelf, on the reverse lever as I was getting off the thing. A certain muppet of the solar system had forgotten to take the key out before alighting from the machine! :dunce:

Plonker of Mars

• Like 9

17 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

OK, I'll give you all a good laugh. I caught my beer belly aka modeller's shelf, on the reverse lever as I was getting off the thing. A certain muppet of the solar system had forgotten to take the key out before alighting from the machine! :dunce:

Plonker of Mars

I was going to ask how you managed that, seeing as how you're supposed to be on it when it's moving..... Very impressive, I suppose you can do that when you have extra feet to put in the way!

Ian

• Like 3

Thanks Martian - modeller's shelf, love it :D 

Thanks Bill! :) 

Thanks Ian - tentacles, tentacles! :) 

A bit of mojo this morning as the bruising's going down. Part 140 is a mystery:

35823325341_ff61cb9f64_z.jpg

Untitled by Ced Bufton, on Flickr

so I've left it off. i can see the idea but it swivels so the actual position will be established when the other parts go around it. Next step is to fit the upper wing half:

35115663834_2d9ea07b55_z.jpg

That's going to need careful clamping. It does 'settle' if you wiggle it (titter) but it's drained my mojo so later. I've also noticed that the nicely positioned fuselage has slipped under clamping:

35785346432_e3c9cf34c9_z.jpg

A step. Oh joy. Back to elevate the foot and read something.

• Like 9

Isn't 140 the engine firewall part Ced and an essential part of the undercart?

It looks to me like youll need that more than the undercarrage when you put engines on and fly her off the ceiling

Colour me puzzlicated

😕

• Like 2

Yes Ced, rest up dear chap, one cannot model at one`s best when injured.

As for the Ginger Beer, dangerous stuff.

1 can of ginger beer mixed with a large shot of Jack Daniels Honey and a couple of slices of lime.

All served chilled.

Smooth and lethal.

Simon.

• Like 4

Thanks Bill - yep, it's the firewall so it will be fitted once I get the, gulp, nacelles ready :) 

Thanks Keith - nope, gear up and on the ceiling as usual :)

Thanks Simon - now THAT sounds like a nice drink :) 

I cracked the fuselage and reset it:

35148122853_38df2cded4_z.jpg

Untitled by Ced Bufton, on Flickr

and then joined the wing halves, taping as I went and carefully closing any gaps:

35788940132_666de10172_z.jpg

I think the (apparent) problem is the big leading edge - it needs gently encouraging to join and clamping makes it worse.

• Like 10

It is Ced, was drinking that all Christmas day....

Hopefully a nice save on the step Ced.

As for clamping, sometimes the pressure squeezes the halves apart ,

Taping is labourious but does the job.

Simon.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Spookytooth said:

It is Ced, was drinking that all Christmas day....

I guess you didn't see much of Boxing Day then....!! Does sound a  very  tasty tipple!

Halibag progressing well Ced!

Keith

• Like 4