Halifax B Mk. I/II/GRII - Revell 1/72

Hello Ced, thanks. What diameter are they? They should be something about 3mm (3,2mm would be perfect). Can you measure them? I'll send you a pm then.

Ps: For the last part of the "Irish philosophy". Probably Münster style for your last journey:

1-format43.jpg

• Like 6

Thanks Bill - I'll have a go with the Vaseline later (snurf titter) and let you know how it goes :)

Thanks Keith - you prefer rumbling bearings? Kinky :wicked: 

Thanks Leon - yep, apart from the pilot (a PJ Productions one) they are moulded hence the face masks - their chins didn't make it :weep: 

Hi Benedikt - PM received and bits in an envelope before I read this. The ones left are a bit small but hopefully some in the envelope might be bigger:

35452352530_f125bca0d2_z.jpg

Say goodbye boys:

35840300135_f74e5e050e_z.jpg

35840305645_3e04f8d443_z.jpg

the seam is really nice when squeezed a bit:

35000200924_8755c48cda_z.jpg

I'll leave the glueing until I'm ready to tackle the nacelles and wheel bays as then I can use the Touch-n-Flow. @Nigel Heath asked why this was better than a small brush and I now have an answer - you don't need to keep dipping it, there's a whole tube full. Of course the downside is that there's a whole tube full so it's not worth going through the palaver for small jobs. We'll see how far around the fuselage a tube full goes soon :) 

• Like 17

Thanks Ced :smile: . Should be working with a fat coat of clear or more and a clear blue finish. The progress looks good :goodjob:. The fueselage is very good, but now you will come to more difficult problems of the kit. As I said before, don't leave the nacelles as they are. They are awful and spoil the look of the whole one. Dry fit it and you see that. Good luck and happy modelling.

• Like 1

Well, I'm really looking forward to the next steps now :Tasty: She's already looking like a big beast with the fuselage halves almost joined. :clap:

Ciao

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CedB said:

I'm not sure if much will get done tomorrow - off on a cheese hunt!

Watch out for the Wensleydale - it roams the countryside in gangs. Take a good stout cheese knife Ced and come back safe.:o

• Like 5

Thanks Keith :) We only complete half of the route yesterday as several of the cheeses were in pubs and, well, a man's got to eat... Pie and a Pint, nice. Part two this morning.

Thanks Tony - one of the cheeses was in the Bath Cheese Shop (well worth a visit if you're in town). The Cheesemeister had to admit that they didn't have any of the actual cheese to taste but they did have a nice Gouda. One of the questions revealed that the Dutch often have mustard with the stuff, presumably to hide the taste. Now I'm not so sure we want to win! :D 

Thanks John - yeah, WILD! I actually quite like Boursin... sometimes. I just wish they'd wrap it in something that doesn't leave bits of cheese in the folds that you feel you just have to scrape out... :) 

Thanks Chris - no selection I'm afraid. Just lots of the same :) 

Over the local for my 'retirement drinks' with the crowd last night. Our next door neighbour is Dutch and he's just resigned as the Secretary of the twining group. He's confirmed that the cheese is, er, not his favourite. Reminded me of the Jim Davidson chicken joke in the Chinese restaurant "Excuse me waiter, this chicken's rubbery" Waiter (you have to do this in a Chinese accent) "Ah, sank you velly much!"

:coat: 

• Like 11

On 12/07/2017 at 17:49, TheBaron said:

I really can't believe you did a Jim Davidson joke Ced.:doh: 

So cheesy.:lol:

The only thing that I remember of Jim Davidson is a scene from a show of his - I think - from the late 70s, on our black and white telly, of him with rather longish, bushy blond sort of hair, singing a song whilst waving a cocktail shaker about. I have no memory at all of wht the song was. That was the first and last time that I ever saw or heard of him. Strange, but true. And the reason that I remember it was that it was rather cheesy. I assume that this was the same Mr Davidson that you were all referring to above.

Looking forward to some more Halifax Fun (as an aside I saw a thread pop up on RCSB the other day for a Halifax Mk III build - 107" wingspan...)

Cheers,

Alex. :sheep: <-- not a Halifax Mk III

• Like 1

Thanks chaps :) I know, I know, he's not PC... like most of his colleagues if my memory serves!

A bit of Halifax action:

35512010390_438955e8da_z.jpg

35060193614_5f0fdce078_z.jpg

i panicked with the wheel bays as I put the rear bits in first (oooer missus) and they wobbled. Don't panic, if you put the front bits in first they're quite stable.

I have no idea how the other front bits (still loose on the mat) are supposed to fit so we'll see what happens later.

All that was done with about half a tube in the Touch-n-Flow. Easy(ish)

The cheese trail has been finished and our entries submitted! Winners announced next week. I completed it with a bad toe, brave soldier that I am. I'd been out on my bike for the first time this year Sunday and Monday morning and, with my new found energy, bonded up the stairs two at a time. Until I stubbed my toe on the top one and went flying, and not in a nice way.

35768569261_67b3d30c82_z.jpg 35859239606_23e135e57d_z.jpg

Owie toe and 'ard by Ced Bufton, on Flickr

That second photo is after completion of the trail, celebrating in the pub. Don't panic, those are tattoo sleeves. Mrs B was very impressed when I sent her that photo. Not.

Off for a lie down to rest the toe.

• Like 16

SWMBO just caight a glimpse of your big toe as she was about to serve dinner and said "that's gross! " I think you've put her off her pork with Roquefort sauce, never mind, all the more for me.

Cheers

John

• Like 3

I don't normally care for crew figures in models but I have to admit to being rather attracted to what you have done here.

Martian

• Like 2