Halifax B Mk. I/II/GRII - Revell 1/72

Very nice recovery on the mouth Ced, and overall a great build, and a fun thread. She'll look great on the ceiling. Looking forward to the Spit.

Ian

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, S5 modeller said:

Splendiferus result there Ced. Makes a mighty addition to your ceiling arsenal. 

Can someone please tell me how it's possible for masking tape to lift decals like that? It defies the laws of physics, and common sense, as they were below two layers of varnish.

Thanks Matt - I know, the tape surprised me too, but now I know...

5 hours ago, Fritag said:

Well I think she's a cracker Ced.  She could hang from my ceiling anytime.....(I do hope that no one ever see's this comment out of context :)).

Thanks Steve :) (See, I resisted commenting out of context!)

5 hours ago, Hamden said:

A really stunning build of a some what over looked type!

Roger

Thanks Roger - you're right you don't see many... a nice kit OOB but a minefield of variations :) 

1 hour ago, limeypilot said:

Very nice recovery on the mouth Ced, and overall a great build, and a fun thread. She'll look great on the ceiling. Looking forward to the Spit.

Ian

Thanks Ian - I'm looking forward to the Spit too :) 

1 hour ago, Harley John said:

Well done Sir, excellent build and very informative. The old crate can take its place hanging from the ceiling.

Thanks John - it'll be on the ceiling soon :) 

• Like 1

This has been a great thread as always Ced. I think it's well worth RFI for many reasons. A big reason is that you used the resin correction sets and achieved a superb result.

On four nacelles that took a lot of tenacity, patience and a good eye for sanding/fairing the resin parts into the kit parts.

Also it's a Halifax type that isn't seen that often; plus your hand painted shark mouth is very good.

The outline of a Halifax against your ceiling will be a reassuring shape and one that in future years, may bring back memories of business sales, retirement and cheese :).

:goodjob: 

Best regards

TonyT

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Excellent for the ceiling

And a stern warning to apply transfers, decals too even, on top of a glossy surface in order that surface tension and air exclusion can preserve them against errant blobs of masking tape

Then the layers of varnish can preserve them

Still doesn't take away from how blooming nice it is

:thumbsup:   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CedB said:

Thanks Steve :) (See, I resisted commenting out of context!)

Then I suppose I will have to do it! Fnar, Fnar!

Martian

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ced,

You may have been confronted by troubles in this build but it really does look great.

You have also been good enough to let the rest of us look on as you sought to solve each and every problem; something I for one am unable to do with my Mk2 srs1a.

Having just completed - or rather rushed - the painting before an extended absence from the the hobby desk, I really am impressed with your finish on those transparencies.

Sure I was mixing paints, thinners and vodka martinis yesterday to steady the nerves, but really some of those Eduard mask bits are beyond my capabilities.

I like Halifaxes and I think your efforts are very worthy indeed,

Michael

• Like 2

Thanks TT - very kind. I may rethink the RFI then... maybe :) 

Thanks Simon :) 

Thanks Bill - lesson learned, gloss before transfers, got it :) 

Thanks Martian - good to have a backup Finbarr in case of emergencies :D 

Thanks Michael - especially for the bomb aimer and help with references. Much appreciated. :) 

Thanks Giorgio :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wow! Go camping for a night or two and bam, she's finished. Pitty about the mouth but you pulled that one out of the bag good and proper. The weathering looks great too. I agree with TT you should really do an RFI especially after all the work you've put in.

top notch. Looking forward to the spit. We have to pack up this morning so I'll have a looksie later on.

All the best.

Johnny

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rob85 said:

She is an absolute beaut mate, really nice work! And well done for over coming the last of your problems with it!

Rob

Thanks Rob, very kind as always :) 

53 minutes ago, Leonl said:

Looks great. Enjoyed following your journey in this one...

Thanks Leon - glad you like it :) 

47 minutes ago, Biggles87 said:

One of you best yet Mr B. 

John

Thanks John - you are too kind, thanks very much :) 

5 minutes ago, Bodmin said:

Great Job. You overcome those few hurdles to produce a fine end product.

Thanks Bodmin - kind of you to say so. :) 

1 minute ago, The Spadgent said:

Wow! Go camping for a night or two and bam, she's finished. Pitty about the mouth but you pulled that one out of the bag good and proper. The weathering looks great too. I agree with TT you should really do an RFI especially after all the work you've put in.

top notch. Looking forward to the spit. We have to pack up this morning so I'll have a looksie later on.

All the best.

Johnny

Thanks Johnny - I'm glad it's over you like it :) 

I have succumbed to the requests for an RFI and posted one here. Thanks again all, it's been an epic!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Top Halibaggery.  Top thread.  Excellent use of the word "bottom" at every opportunity, with associated sniggering in the cheap seats (does BM have any other kind?). Thanks; BZ.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1