Halifax B Mk. I/II/GRII - Revell 1/72

They're off...:winkgrin:!!

Good to see you've made a start Ced. The old plastic fantastic will get the life mojo whirring again.

I'm looking on a tiny screen, with all the possibilities of that and my eyes being out of kilter, but I think that Keith may be right.

The first colour looks a little more 'British'.

Oh dear. I couldn't really be less scientific about it could I :dunce: ? I'll get back in my trunk. Someone put the lock on. I've got my Frosties, long life milk and a transistor radio.

Best regards

TonyT

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, CedB said:

What's that Simon? Half past eleven :) 

Thanks Bill, fiddle I shall!

Hi Keith - it's FS34151, the same as the Vallejo I normally use... have I got them all wrong then? Is the Hataka better?

Martian and Ian are off again... :frantic:

Ah, but you can't see the stunning lady I'm chatting with at the bar! 😁

Ian

• Like 5

1 hour ago, limeypilot said:

Ah, but you can't see the stunning lady I'm chatting with at the bar! 😁

Ian

Well we could if you would be so kind as to post a picture. Hello stunning lady at the bar! Do you mind if Ian takes your picture for us?

Martian

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CedB said:

Martian and Ian are off again... :frantic:

That's rich coming from Ced "fnar, fnar"  B!

Martian

• Like 2

On 28/06/2017 at 08:40, TonyTiger66 said:

They're off...:winkgrin:!!

Good to see you've made a start Ced. The old plastic fantastic will get the life mojo whirring again.

I'm looking on a tiny screen, with all the possibilities of that and my eyes being out of kilter, but I think that Keith may be right.

The first colour looks a little more 'British'.

Oh dear. I couldn't really be less scientific about it could I :dunce: ? I'll get back in my trunk. Someone put the lock on. I've got my Frosties, long life milk and a transistor radio.

Best regards

TonyT

I awfrfre2 agree with Mr Tiger, much more like it. Well, much more like the Model Master enamel RAF IG that I have been using 'of late' (for a given time-frame of 'recent').

My idiot's 2p-worth.

Cheers,

Alex. :sheep: <-- not an idiot

1 So that's how 'covefe' might have arisen? The above is genuinely what I typed in. I often like to explain strangeness, particularly mine own.

Edited by AlexN
Tspyo
  • Like 3

Thanks TT and Alex - looks like I need to do that again, again... rats. Recently I've been brush painting H78 so there's only a few models I need to crack open and do again...

43 minutes ago, AlexN said:

So that's how 'covefe' might have arisen?

Alex did you Trump? Titter titter...

Ian and Martian - do you have any pictures of "the stunning lady at the bar" naked? No? Do you want some? Have some Madeira, m' dear...

• Like 4

Thanks Christer - I was obviously misled by the name of the colour - school boy error :) 

Resprayed this morning with the Hataka:

35197091970_befcb51098_z.jpg

Untitled by Ced Bufton, on Flickr

Careful, that floor's wet. What I need is a 1/72 'Warning, wet floor' yellow sign. Oh, and another 'Warning, wet floor sign ahead' sign. You can never be too careful.

Is this better?

35545245346_8be432d77e_z.jpg

It does look more like H78.

• Like 14

Macblimming duff fergodddddsake

Some people, huh.

I suppose we didn't get said stunning lady on film then?

Oh well par for the course round here theses dayses

😊

Edited by perdu
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, TonyTiger66 said:

Best regards

TonyT

Don't forget the air-hose ;)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, perdu said:

Macblimming duff fergodddddsake

Some people, huh.

I suppose we didn't get said stunning lady on film then?

Oh well par for the course round here theses dayses

😊

No, sorry. I thought that might be a tad crass, although it would have been a pic to treasure, for sure! 'twas indeed a pleasant evening!

Ian

• Like 3

21 hours ago, AlexN said:

You can never have too much Flanders & Swann :))))))

I once found myself in a Flanders and Swann fan club bar.....at least I think that's what it was....there was a hippopotamus, a gnu, and the back end of a bus all sitting at the bar!

Ian

• Like 4

Where is all this spare time I'm supposed to have??!! I thought I'd start modelling this morning and now I've spent over an hour rescuing my photos from Photobucket! Safe now, I hope... but what about all the threads that now have non-working links? Oh rats...

@Mike I keep thinking there must be a way of getting someone clever to create something that exports a whole thread, including pictures, to pdf... is this something you've looked at?

Anyway, where were we...

Thanks Bill, Alex, Giorgio, Christer, and John :)

Simon and Crisp what's all this about 50 shades of green and retired people? Am I missing out?

Ian it's a shame you didn't get any photos / film. I hear there's a lot of money to be made from this sort of thing and that most of the Internet is 'that sort of thing'. And cats of course. Allegedly.

• Like 6

Brace yourselves boys... I've painted some bits black!

35246862280_91c656db2c_z.jpg

Big deal, but at least it's a (re)start.

You might also notice the bomb aimer in the background - he's been cleaned up ready for moulding. I'm going to try Oyumaru and Milliput and see how it goes. 

• Like 14

Nice to see you resuming work on this, Ced! :thumbsup:

Can't remeber if Oyumaru was part of your previous casting experiments - anyway, looking forward to what turns out :popcorn:

Ciao

• Like 1

My MkIII arrived today (£15-odd from Jadlam, since you're asking). Got home from work at lunchtime, found the red card on the doormat, thought 'oh well, I'll pick it up at the weekend', then rudely awoken from my afternoon nap by the Postman who was passing and thought he'd have another go at delivering it... I didn't have the heart to tell him off for waking me from the most splendid dream about Spitfires.

• Like 6

Nice black bits. 

I hate to say ' I told you so ' about the extra spare time, but I told you so! Hahahaha.

John

They've covered up my Edgar Brookes GB banner, the miserable b#######s

Edited by Biggles87
  • Like 1