Navy-ating Bucc's fizz - On the deck at last

Thanks Bill and Steve :thumbsup:

I have a certain advantage with vacuum chambers (job - I produce vacuum packaging machines for food, and have one at home :coolio: ), so I was wondering if this could help also on resin pouring, in addition to mould making. But from what you just said, it appears the contrary would be needed for resin, that is a pressure chamber.

Ciao

Edited by giemme
  • Like 1

That is right Giorgio, suction to lift air out of the latex mix and pressure (ish) to force resin into crevices in the moulds

As mentioned by Hendie I tend to poke around in the resin to encourage it to squidge into tiny spaces but as Steve points out there is a risk of affecting the surface of the mould if you are as cackhanded as Steve pretends to be

He isn't but as an experienced officer he knows the best way of encouraging best practice is a little bit of role play with the NCOs

I'm going to attempt casting modification today when I pour the next seat I'll be using the residuals to build up the little missing bits

Fingers crossed gents please. 😮

• Like 2

I am a fan of your seat Bill. In the nicest possible way.

This has been a great little vignette for those of us yet to experience the Joy of Resin.

Thanks.:thumbsup2:

Tony

• Like 3

STOP PRESS

Number three has just been relieved of its post in the mould and defying the odds has needed NO alteration except minibubble removal

And in further good news spare resin from the pour has fixed the back pad hole in number one and the 'under left leg' holes in both seat pads

And repaired the dodgy hole in my port intake resiny bit

And using my time well whilst "Down In The Hole" I have painted the cockpit with its fitted furnishings

Extra panels yet to be added but it seems that Tamiya XF 24 does the trick

Pictures anon

• Like 7

Minor update

The latest seat (on the right) after debubbling

P1130418.jpg

Interior grey, looks OK to me

P1130422.jpg

The Airwaves back seat instrument panel is in place but is a work in decline

Ill be having a different go at this one later

P1130423.jpg

The intake body seen in pic#1 has been reshaped and fitted on the fuselage

The front edge needs to be vertical, a little six inch action tomorrow, but  on the whole I am enjoying this conversion

Levelled off for comparison, looks quite reasonable to me

P1130425.jpg

ciao

• Like 12

9 hours ago, hendie said:

lovely work Bill.   Still astounded by those seats I am.

and so are we.... immensely

I'll second that!

Brilliant engineering as usual

Roger

• Like 1

On 20/07/2017 at 10:55 PM, perdu said:

I'd buy you a coffee anyway you daft beggar  :)

There will be resin there for you after all, so?

Just a thought

Will the Mini be at Telford like my garage workbench will?

Sorry for tardy reply Bill, but currently visiting daughter and family i Hampshire with limited internet access and an uncooperative tablet...

Anyway, I meant I'd buy you a couple of coffees, you daft beggar, in payment for resin bits...!!

And unfortunately no chance of Mini being at Telford, hasnt even been started for nearly a year. And I'll be travelling in style in a club friends Jaaaaag!

Enjoy the show, and your holibobs. Don't worry about the house, it'll still be there when you get back. Maybe.....!! :whistle::D

Keith

• Like 2

style...

hmm

Tommo, I hope you don't mind but I told the neighbours you'd be happy to feed and walk their pair of mandrills

The male is a bit of a wuss but she is more of a handful

You'll be OK if you remember to wear the chainmail gloves when you take the lead off her

If you could finish the spare bedroom that would be nice too, the space 1999 theme went down well with the grandson ta

Beer in the fridge of course and more in the storm cellar

Don't open the green box down there

Or ensure the doors to the outside are open, speed can be important...

:happy:

• Like 5

Yes I know Martian

The help from the last time went down really well

"At least THEY care how the house looks, all you ever do is sit in that room watching birds and airyplanes whilst you make models...

Blah blah..."

I am a bit sorry about the mandrills though, but they're nice neighbours

Mostly

• Like 2

So what you are saying is that Mrs Perdu would appreciate us all lending a hand? In fact we could sort out the room whilst you crack on with that wing fold you keep tempting us with.

Martian

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We-e-e-ell its kind of OK but I'm not sure

I don't know who hacked that blooming hole in the ceiling but it would have been a friendlier gesture to put a skylight in

The cardboard keeps going soggy

The grandson had to dash in the spare room to pick up my old face mask and snorkel so he could sleep when it rained...

Oh by the way, the fourth seat was another good one... 

Edited by perdu
  • Like 4

Hi,

seing the three colours plastic from a Matchbox model brings many memories back!

I see you like resin, but not that you find ready on the shelf.It's a long process, but it's really worth it.

I've got a 1/48 Airfix model on stash and I'm looking for some more,as I really love this aircraft.I'm really interested in this Topic.

I do like all the interventions you're carrying out and I look forward reading your next update!:yes:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, perdu said:

I don't know who hacked that blooming hole in the ceiling but it would have been a friendlier gesture to put a skylight in

The cardboard keeps going soggy

The grandson had to dash in the spare room to pick up my old face mask and snorkel so he could sleep when it rained...

Never mind, it will help toughen him up. I remember when I was a young Martian, I had to sleep in a cardboard box in the middle of the motorway!

Martian

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Never mind, it will help toughen him up. I remember when I was a young Martian, I had to sleep in a cardboard box in the middle of the motorway!

Martian

Luxury...

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Must be related to the Barnsley Hales.

Or was it the Leeds branch?

Oop North anyway.

Motorways? tsk! We had a bridle path.

Bridle path? You were lucky! When I say motorways, I mean a quagmire of a footpath!

Martian

49 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Footpath?

That's nowt.

WE were tied to a no entry sign!

(With barbed wire)

Tied to it? You had it easy! We were beaten with said sign and barbed wire, every day for breakfast!

Martian

• Like 1

Apologies for the delay in saying 'thanks for showing the moulding process Bill'.

Tough 'health' weekend :clif: . Been a bit better for about 9 hours now :). Got my typing finger (thumb to be honest, on the old iPhone) and monitor eye back out of the bedside drawer :thumbsup2: .

Been watching old episodes of Midsomer Murders; great stories :).

That description of the moulding helps a lot; many  :thanks: !

The seats look great. I have resin kits in with components in that look nothing like as good. Could you recommend a particular rubber/catalyst product? I've seen lots of silicone stuff, all a bit confusing, but no rubber.

As usual I'm out of 'likes' but I have mentally 'liked' the progress. The flying banana is starting to look like one again. A flying blue banana 🍌:thumbsup:.

:goodjob: 

TonyT

• Like 4