Navy-ating Bucc's fizz - On the deck at last

Nah Martian, I've always been an equal opportunity encourager

A little mayhem lets the world know you are back in town  ;)

Which town however I might just keep to myself at times

:huh:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Nice work! Now you are back, does that mean we all have to behave again? Not to worry if we do as some of us have the Baron's thread to look after.

Overworked of Mars

And of course, you're invited to the party! TonyT has supplied a bbq/beer cooler/bog, and we have a band too! Should be fun!

Ian

• Like 1

23 hours ago, perdu said:

Just had a thought, got to pick a few for the Coventry show on Sunday,

What? Eh? That's not in the diary! I'm in Lichfield for a family do on Saturday night so maybe I can pop in on the way back... if I can convince my sister that a model show is a good idea!

• Like 1

he ha

you really think the stash is kept near here?

You really think there is a stash?

ebay is my stash....

except for a few over there in the cupb....

:)

In all the excitement of preparing for Coventry I did a bit more on the Bucc

P1120939.jpg

Added the blown air ducts both sides and tried out a couple of new (to me) Vallejo paints, Burnt Iron and Natural Steel - nice

Here's the starboard side ducting before the intake area and inner wing is fitted, for clear

P1120942.jpg

bit of 30 amp fusewire with a sliver of small Aeroclub tubing as the connector

With the engine arrangement sorted to my satisfaction its time to attend to the fuselage interiors

Thanks to the efforts of General Melchett (ta Andy) I have ebough info to make the nosewheel bay

Here's the roof being fettled

P1120944.jpg

and the recess getting marked to suit

and the box fitted for size

P1120945.jpg

preliminary holes for the ends, need shifting across a tad of course but the two drilled openings were easy to make into the regular oval shape

P1120946.jpg

Now we have a box I'm beginning the cockpit fettling

P1120947.jpg

held down by a piece of plasticene for now whilst I work out side walls and floor angles

P1120948.jpg

Ced if it helps I have been told the Coventry Air Museum are having an open cockpit day on Sunday...

• Like 11

I think the drill came with a flat-pack unit a few years ago

I kinda like it myself, been dreaming of finding them in various sizes

They are not flimsy fragile things like the Chinese Archimedean threaded snappable ones in the sets from abroad

😈

Edited by perdu

On ‎18‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 5:17 PM, Martian Hale said:

If we paint it silver it will look like his very own Sontaran Spaceship.

The%20Sontaran%20Experiment%201.jpg

Better still; we can paint it red, with a US President badge on the door, so that it looks like the President's Air Force One escape module in the film Escape From New York.

Then we can hold Bill for ransom, tie him up to a chair and put a blonde wig on his head while we mock him. :giggle: 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, hendie said:

taking shape and looking good. 

anyone else find that light blue color on the plastic slightly disturbing ?

it's OK for you

Some of us have to allow it space within our own space, I sincerely hope that Revell managed to produce their version in a more muted colour scheme

Or even day-glo pink

And no blimmin' way am I donning the blonde wig again, look what happened the last time

tchhh tchhh tchhh...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Uncle Uncool said:

Better still; we can paint it red, with a US President badge on the door, so that it looks like the President's Air Force One escape module in the film Escape From New York.

Then we can hold Bill for ransom, tie him up to a chair and put a blonde wig on his head while we mock him. :giggle: 

Sadly, I have found a tiny problem with your otherwise cunning plan. If the disguise is at all convincing, we have to find someone prepared to pay the ransom in the first place and there, I fear, we may be wandering into the realms of fantasy.

Martian

• Like 2

Nice scratch building work on the wheel well and cockpit area. :thumbsup2: .

I agree with Hendie, iit really is a very 70's blue :christmas:!

Those little drills are also included in some ink jet printer refill kits. They're great little tools, I always save them too :).

Best regards

TonyT

• Like 1

19 hours ago, perdu said:

And no blimmin' way am I donning the blonde wig again, look what happened the last time

tchhh tchhh tchhh...

:lol:

19 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Sadly, I have found a tiny problem with your otherwise cunning plan. If the disguise is at all convincing, we have to find someone prepared to pay the ransom in the first place and there, I fear, we may be wandering into the realms of fantasy.

Oh, I'm quite sure Bill would look adorable in a blonde wig :giggle:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Uncle Uncool said:

:lol:

Oh, I'm quite sure Bill would look adorable in a blonde wig :giggle:

Bill in a Donald Trump wig, adorable? Tell me, you do actually have opticians in Argentina?

Concerned of Mars

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Bill in a Donald Trump wig, adorable? Tell me, you do actually have opticians in Argentina?

Wait a minute, Martian. Donnie Trump claimed many times that he's not donning a wig; the dead albino cat fur he's got on his roof is all his.

Besides, I never mentioned Bill would have a Trump-style blonde wig. I'd thought more of a larger, Lady Gaga-style of a blonde wig. Sweet! :lol: 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Uncle Uncool said:

Wait a minute, Martian. Donnie Trump claimed many times that he's not donning a wig; the dead albino cat fur he's got on his roof is all his.

Besides, I never mentioned Bill would have a Trump-style blonde wig. I'd thought more of a larger, Lady Gaga-style of a blonde wig. Sweet! :lol: 

In that case he has the worst barber in North America and that must take some doing!

As to Bill looking sweet in a Lady Gaga style wig; you definitely need to get to Spec Savers!

Martian

• Like 2

As often as I try, I just cannot GET the Lady Gaga look, so I am not trying again

As I said, no more blonde wigs

I'll just stay blond and handsome, my handsome.

I had great pleasure yesterday in Coventry at the museum

Not only a rare chance to mingle with the General ( Darling kept well away after the last time!) but I had the pleasure of a long natter with our own recent retiree Ced B and his lovely sister and that bloke with her. 😉

Warwickshire IPMS put on a rather fine show with some decent real aeroplanes scattered all around too

Fine day out, but the rain taught me I need to wash the Le Mans dust off it so our good English dust can get a foothold

Great to see you again Ced and Andy, see you soon 

Edited by perdu
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

In that case he has the worst barber in North America and that must take some doing!

229953943_donaldtrump.jpg

Me thinks Donnie's got very little up there for a barber to work with... It must be the whirlwind style of hairdo.

4 hours ago, perdu said:

As often as I try, I just cannot GET the Lady Gaga look, so I am not trying again

That's fine with me, Bill. :cheers:

Cheers,

Unc2

• Like 2