Navy-ating Bucc's fizz - On the deck at last

On 16/08/2017 at 10:38 AM, perdu said:

The BIB has his seat displaced to the right so I wondered if maybe they'd been moved to the port side to allow access

Bill ,

I don't know if this is:

• too late
  • what you were after
  • ?
2017-08-19_09-41-18

• Like 1

That is very useful Tony thank you

At present I have the second attempt at moulding from the inner wing fold section curing, the first attempt using plasticine as a mould buck didn't 'quite' work

Yes it made a mould but the resulting item is not a success and looks very, hmm, horrid bordering on the obscene...

I'm remaking them with a lego-like brick unit

We'll see later today when we unbrick

😱

• Like 2

I'm trying to add a picture direct from this expletive tablet

Tain't working 

Doh

Offers an opportunity to press control c of course but that function isn't on an android tab

Anyone help please?

😠

25 minutes ago, perdu said:

Anyone help please?

Bill,

Are you able to use the 'insert other media' button at bottom right? I had to use the 'insert image from URL' option from that the other day as I couldn't copy links straight into a post.

Hth,

Tony

Doh! Just re-read your message - your image has to be on a hosting site (like flickr) so that there is a web address for it to insert of course...

What I need is a function like 'right click c' which I can use to copy and then 'right click v' to allow pasting copied stuff

Android tabs (I have two 10.1 and one 7inch tabs to play with) don't have the easy functionality that MS driven PCs do

None of my little hideyaway buttons on screen can o what is a simple task on my PC

Use the PC they say, I hear them!

Unavailable for half the day because the boss has unlimited access until she's fed up with her contest with the virtual pasteboards

Any ideas?

5 minutes ago, perdu said:

What I need is a function like 'right click c' which I can use to copy and then 'right click v' to allow pasting copied stuff

Actually, to do that on a tablet you have to keep your finger on the text you want to copy till a pop up menu comes out and makes you select "copy". Same to paste: keep you finger on the area where you want to paste your content, a pop up menu will show and allow you to select "paste". HTH

Ciao

Edited by giemme

I got the 'copy' pop-up on the picture sit by holding the finger on the spot, thanks Giorgio but I'm not getting a corresponding paste button in the thread box

Getting very frustrating

😠

IMG_20170812_214544

Odd. Above is a test I just did on my phone (Android), and it worked as I described. The pic comes from one of my Flickr folders, and I used the "share - URL" option to copy the link.

Sorry if I'm adding up to your frustration, SW stuff sometimes can really get to your nerves :(

Ciao

4 hours ago, TheBaron said:

With the low sun angle involved  that is my favourite shot of the Buccaneer.

It is hard to pick a fave Bucc shot, but the composition of that shot is something else, even down to getting the white aircraft against the shadow in the landscape - beautiful.

On 8/16/2017 at 0:40 PM, Martian Hale said:

That's more what I had in mind!

Louche of Mars

Don't you just love Jenny WRENS in pointy shoes and black stockings... show me the giggle band!!!

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, heloman1 said:

Don't you just love Jenny WRENS in pointy shoes and black stockings... show me the giggle band!!!

What red blooded Martian could resist? Not that I would try very hard/ at all.

Martian

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, heloman1 said:

I definitely concur with this Colin

One of nature's better inventions, fine pins on lovely ladies

Well at last I am on the pc and can forget all about trying to post pictures on unfriendly Androids

Now I need to find some content...

At our club yesterday a couple of things happened, no three  

It rained whilst I was inside which meant puddles atop the tonneau of the Midget and hood to put up before the drive home along a 30mph M5

I talked myself into coordinating the club stand at Telford, so I'd better go, just in case

and a friend offloaded another Matchbox Buccaneer, "Sorry but there's no canopy", which was not a worry

So now I am going to have two Royal Navy ones and a RAF one

Frog gave theirs a decent wheel nave on both sides, Matchbox were just a tad 'representative' with theirs

So I intend casting new ones for the Matchbox ones from the Fropggy

Neither does a decent nose wheel but...

I have the example from Fritag on how to build a perfect wheel to refer to

Problem solved

be even better if I could con him into making wheels for Buccaneers but he seems a bit restrictive in his subject matter  :(

Damnation, foiled again Muttley. Do something Muttleyyyyy

I have been working on moulding this durned fold root section, still having bubble trouble

I dont have a very reasonable electric toothybrush like some of you just a reject from a few years back I picked up for threepence and six empty pop bottles from Lid*, a very decent shop but with a ropy supply of spare brushes for anything they sell off cheaply

I dont blame them , they later brought in own type branded lecky brushes which look rather good but whose brushes don't fit my old one

SAY LA VEE huh

As mine doesnt hold charge for long I needed a reasonable debubbler, which I found on a shelf under some books

My Braun battery shaver cracked its foil so I bought a replacement off the interweb whioch was a very bad fit in the holder

This lead to me reverting to wet shaving again

Which meant I had a vibration source handy if I could remember how to get new batteries in

Some time later

P1130796.jpg

Two Legoalike boxes, well 'Clear'ed on my three quid Blox base from Wilco and Mr Braun cloistered in an encampment of its own

P1130794.jpg

the pair of identically sized if non-identically coloured boxes show better in this shot

Th whole blooming issue was vibrolating away frantically when I took this picture of the two Bucc halves sitting in their silicone rubber bath as bubbles were making their way to the top

I left this set up wibbling away fro a couple of hours and I could see processions of bibbles making their way up to escape each tiome I checked on it

Unfortunately (You guessed didnt you? Could have told me you know) some of those rising bubbles and the littler bibbles got trapped inside the wingfold mouldings

My casts from these block moulds were duff as you'd expect

(As I should have guessed, air tries to float after all)  :)

I made a new pair today, same set up but I messed up with therubber

The destructions specify a ratio of 3mg to one hundred grammes

That means getting  the mix wrong can cause unexpected drawbacks

the first I found was that the rubber started hardening before the bubbles actually got evacuated

ho hum, back again

I will show it tomorrow after a photocall confirms the method's efficacy

:)

I hope

• Like 9

8 hours ago, perdu said:

As mine doesnt hold charge for long I needed a reasonable debubbler, which I found on a shelf under some books

I feared for the modesty of the forum at this point in the narrative.:lol:

Like hendie sez - you'll crack this Bill.

Well. Not crack. You don't want that.

Debubble.

You'll debubble this.

:thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Ah divven know what tha's doing with thy nose Bill-lad but I found this look up the S.1s hooter lurking in a folder of old phone shots from Yeovilton a coupla yars back:

35918180074_ec8ff5af86_b.jpg

Slightly blurred as taken as an HDR shot to try and bring oot more of the detail in the recesses.

Oh. Look. A Gannet wingfold:

35943624193_db2b3e27e9_b.jpg

How did that get in here...:whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

Ah divven know what tha's doing with thy nose Bill-lad but I found this look up the S.1s hooter lurking in a folder of old phone shots from Yeovilton a coupla yars back

For a moment I thought I had inadvertently switched the language in my browser to Hungarian ... :confused:   :D:D

Great pics, Tony :clap:

Ciao

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

If he thinks that will make me mess about with a Gannet wingfold he's turned his brain to Hungarian

Nice nose pitcher Tony there's many many wires in the little linky bit isn't there

Update of not much

I'm casting a modified Frog Bucc wheel to try to get the proper rimmedholes into it

Then I'll cast six more of the redrilled ones

I am also attempting  a Fritag on the nose wheel and legs, they'll tak a while yet, yet

The latest and last (cos if it doesn't work I'm packing it up) set of wingfolds are curing as we blether

Off to shops in a min' I'll pop em out when I come back no doubt

Gannet is progressing quietly, I'm having fun with it

Back there where nobody's expecting owt

😉

I might begin to log it tonight, I'll get some snaps to show you

• Like 6

On 21/08/2017 at 11:46 PM, perdu said:

and a RAF one

Only right - She was after all an RAF girl for the majority of her working life......

On 22/08/2017 at 10:15 AM, CedB said:

Great stuff Bill - Lego and shavers, what's not to like? :D

Here's to bubbles vanishing...

Right that's it - I'm upgrading from a toothbrush to a shaver.........

8 hours ago, perdu said:

am also attempting  a Fritag on the nose wheel and legs, they'll tak a while yet, yet

Not as long as I take I hope Bill :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1