Navy-ating Bucc's fizz - On the deck at last

Can we see if I've got this right then Scimitar

The thingmyjig is supposed to keep the alignment of the thingmy all shipshape?

No wonder they hardly ever failed in service

:hmmm:

Good job too because the replacement thingmys had to be milled from aeronautic grade unobtainium which became subject to an embargo after an international conference caused mining to cease, because they couldn't find any

Allegedly...

:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

James certainly hits the spot for missing link photos

The picture of the S2 wheel is the best I have seen but I cant download it into my picture cache GANNET

But that picture and all the others taken yesterday are brilliant

(And all the others in your Flickr James, you really do have a talent for this stuff)

18 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

That air brake is starting to look stunning, Bill; I'd be well happy with that in 1/48.

14 hours ago, 71chally said:

Superb work Bill, I don't know how you can see that small!  You've caught that air brake detail just dandy.

I wish I could get here earlier... everyone else steals all the good phrases.

Absolutely stunning work your Billship

Thanks chaps, Bill you should be able to download any of my Flickr pictures, at the bottom of the pics is four icons, click the third one along (down arrow) and it should give you the option to download in any of the available sizes.

If not, can email, but that would be challenge with that many pics!

By the way, I noticed a detail on the S.1 that I haven't noticed before.  There's quite a large outlet at the bottom of the stbd side roundel, big enough to easily get my fist up (no naval type jokes!), cricket ball sized and it runs up at an angle toward the pilots position

36133551083_20d1e04f55.jpgBuccaneer S.1 XN957 630 by James Thomas, on Flickr

There's holes all over the bally things

I have noticed it, it's going to feature

The pictures, for some reason I can't get them into a SAVE config, not a problem

I will keep coming back into your flicker whilst I need them

Seeing the later wheels I see why you think they're like the SVs wheels, are they the same size spec?

I'm hitting the Moulding Shop (garage) later today with a few morsels to mould and some previous to cast

That and adding BREAK HERE marks on my Wessie HAS3 windows and filing the Bucc air intakes to the correct curve, well it should all be enough to keep me out of the pub today

Til about three o'clock

😁

• Like 4

Great stuff Billy McWilliam, haven't been here for a while so it's nice to see progress. If you need any more specifics I'll be off to Newark soon for a photo session with a large flat iron. Being out in the open the S1 is easy to get around and peer at all those pesky inner doodads and guff, plus the weapons bay is open if you're going in that direction.  

• Like 1

Yes, Sea Vixen (Scimitar same) and Buccaneer both 17 inch wheel size with same 35x10.00 tyres.  I would say sea Vixen wheels are similar enough for 72nd Bucc 2s.

Weird, you should be able to download my Flickr pics, I've just done it logged off as an outsider.  

It'll be me James, not a worry

Melchie me old general, if there's a chance to look at the back seat oxy hose and comms wires I might get something done there but not worried if not

Not going into the bomb bay or radome this trip

😉

Edited by perdu

On 01/09/2017 at 08:51, 71chally said:

Thanks chaps, Bill you should be able to download any of my Flickr pictures, at the bottom of the pics is four icons, click the third one along (down arrow) and it should give you the option to download in any of the available sizes.

If not, can email, but that would be challenge with that many pics!

By the way, I noticed a detail on the S.1 that I haven't noticed before.  There's quite a large outlet at the bottom of the stbd side roundel, big enough to easily get my fist up (no naval type jokes!), cricket ball sized and it runs up at an angle toward the pilots position

36133551083_20d1e04f55.jpgBuccaneer S.1 XN957 630 by James Thomas, on Flickr

Just thinking, whilst I get on with the tail end and do enough to photograph, that big hole

Probably a cabin floor bilge drain for when low level over the 'oggin means really low

Just thinking, and reminding myself how far back these things end up if I don't keep on wibbling at you

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, perdu said:

Just thinking, and reminding myself how far back these things end up if I don't keep on wibbling at you

Wibble away to your heart's content Bill.

Martian von Wibble

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, perdu said:

Probably a cabin floor bilge drain for when low level over the 'oggin means really low

Sir, do you feel like "English Lesson for Giorgio", Sir? :D I understand bilge drain, all the rest ('oggin, wibbling) is quite nebulous ... :shrug: 

Ciao

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, giemme said:

Sir, do you feel like "English Lesson for Giorgio", Sir? :D I understand bilge drain, all the rest ('oggin, wibbling) is quite nebulous ... :shrug: 

Ciao

The 'oggin is the sea Giorgio, wibbling must be Brummie (Birmingham) English, because I don't know what he's on about either! I'm guessing muttering, talking, or similar when updating the thread!

Keith

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh dear

Giorgio having English lessons from our mate in Taffland, has to be a winner

Thank you Keith 'oggin is as translated

Wibble, truly translates as the drivel I generate when wibbling

Taffland is of course the beautiful country of Wales, which is very dear to my heart

• Haha 4

:rofl: You guys are gonna kill me :D  :D  Thanks both for yet another installment of "English Lesson for Giorgio" :worthy: 

Bill, you don't want to know how the Urban Dictionary defines "wibbling" .... or maybe you want to ... :shrug: :D 

Ciao

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well!

And tssskkk!

And what on earth do they know?

huh?

Do you know how far back I let this one slip whilst clearing the shelf of D of a Wessex?

Yes all t6he way back there, oh my...

Anyway now the SoD is ready for its next victim let's see if we can stop it being this one shall us?

With the decks clear I grabbed hold of one of my little cast backstop sections and made up a pair of matched side frames

These are intended to mount the hinge and piston arrangement that operates the brakes on the tail of the Mighty Bucc

First up was fixing the central piston that drives the brake assembly

P1010050.jpg

Next is to join the internal braces to the stop and make it all miss the airbrake units in the process

P1010052.jpg

The central shiny thing is a map pin that sacrificed its white ball to allow me to build the Wessex's flotation bottles

All this has to sit and settle as the glue combination dries like concrete, for these jobs I like to augment the supergoo with a gooier substance

I usually bung the items onto a bubble of cockpit glue then add Cyano to taste suit, for gawd'ssake children do NOT NOT NOT try to taste the vile s.... stuff

That was a very silly thing the man just wrote and mummy wouldn't enjoy having to drag you to A&E when her chap is coming round for supper

Please don't do superglue

And back into the groove

When the assembly dries, I won't move it 'til tomorrow, I will pull out the pin and begin tidying up the structure's edges

Now I have to scour the roadsides for lost lead balance weights, I have not lost one (I hope...) but I like to use lead weights up in the hole behind the front undercart, just to prevent tail squatting

Always uncomfortable

night all

• Like 6

Nice Bill, more tiny work :)

19 minutes ago, perdu said:

Now I have to scour the roadsides for lost lead balance weights...

Vision of gentleman wandering the streets, head down, occasionally stopping to examine something in the road.

I won't be surprised if you appear on a future episode of 'Traffic Cops'.

Although of course you're too intelligent.

On the (recorded) episode I watched tonight a toe-rag was shop lifting because the 'brown' he'd bought wasn't doing anything for him.

They arrested him for shop lifting and possession of a class A drug.

Turned out to be ground up dog biscuit.

• Haha 3

Gareth, by the way if you are reading this, no need to worry about the diagrams and that

This is as far as I am going with this part

Thanks for the loan of The Book and a look at the other one, it's why I am happy with what I have

• Like 1

I'm just loving this air brakes mechanism assembly. Outstanding and ingenious :worthy::clap:

Then when I think of the scale, I go :frantic:  :frantic:

Ciao

Edited by giemme
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, perdu said:

And back into the groove

Super micro-engineering.

'Hefty' is a word that spring to my mind when looking at the Bucc's airbrakes (well the Bucc generally actually).

Its a treat to see you work the @perdu magic on em Bill 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Fritag said:

'Hefty' is a word that spring to my mind when looking at the Bucc's airbrakes (well the Bucc generally actually).

Had to google for that word, but I agree :)

Ciao