Navy-ating Bucc's fizz - On the deck at last

2 hours ago, TheBaron said:

Apologies if this is already a known quantity but there are some fine S.1 deck operations and aerial shots from the mid-sixties here, starting at about 9.26:

Excellent film, certainly a new one on me, S.1s, Vixens, sand & spinach Wessex, Wasp and deck tractors aplenty!

I'm going to sound dull here, I thought the wings were going to be spread, yet I see detail being added into the folds?

Edited by 71chally
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, 71chally said:

I'm going to sound dull here, I thought the wings were going to be spread, yet I see detail being added into the folds?

You're not alone James, I'm confuddled too! But if Iunderstand right, Bill is building that wingfold detail to make moulds for the next Brick (Frog one?) Do I understand right Bill?

If I am, isn't it a bit of a waste to spread the wings on this one...?!

Keith

• Like 1

Bucc buck making it is guys

I still want to look at the S1 with her feathers all a'spread but I'm happy to use this one as the 'ways and means' test rig

Then when I get into the second one I can decide whether I'm having an S2 or a 1 folded up

I have to check the radome innards for changes between the marks too

The wing fold planning now is due to an offer I made a couple of days ago, if the casting goes well I have a friend who will be receiving the first useable set to practise with

I will also be playing with the Vixen's folding bits too shortly

Edited by perdu
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Scimitar said:

Put in a special defence of incrimination and I'll sort it out in September in the George.

Isn't @Fritag something to do with the law these days? If so I'll get him to do my defence. Failing that, I'll claim political asylum when I come up to Scotland next month and you will have five members in the Argyle branch of BM!

Martian

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Hmm whilst you lot plot a coup agin the Sturgin I have been having fun with plasticene

let there be

Colour

I have built the pot to mix my rubber into so I can try a cast of this unneeded frippery

Plasticene inner and masking tape latex catcher shell

P1130791.jpg

P1130792.jpg

looks about right for fold detail

Deep enough?

find out tomorrow

new rubber supplier too, these guys also supplied my resin the last two times but of course I forget who they are and its a long way down to the garage so I'll tell you tomorrow

P1130793.jpg

Obviously I think this will work but as I so often say

It's only a game

;)

• Like 9

7 hours ago, 71chally said:

Cor, yes please,

Cb-9qs0UYAA0tCw.jpg

Look at all that cutting needs doing. :Tasty:My kind of plane! :lol:

Err. Is there actually a kit of that...?

Addenda: Having now read Martian's post above...ask a silly question...

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

I thought exactly the same James - wonderful looking aeroplane wasn't it?!

Certainly a mean looking beast in it's original strike guise, the TT role kinda messed with it a bit!

@TheBaron , there was the old vacform that our tentacled one refers to, and Magna released both the Mk1 and TT2 & 3 as resin kits - they have your name written all over them!

Edit, this kind soul has beaten you two to it!

Edited by 71chally
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 71chally said:

Certainly a mean looking beast in it's original strike guise, the TT role kinda messed with it a bit!

@TheBaron , there was the old vacform that our tentacled one refers to, and Magna released both the Mk1 and TT2 & 3 as resin kits - they have your name written all over them!

Edit, this kind soul has beaten you two to it!

Magna also did the Short SB3, a turboprop version of the Sturgeon, designed s a competitor to the Farey Gannet.

Image result for short sb3

Martian

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 16/08/2017 at 6:46 PM, Martian Hale said:

Isn't @Fritag something to do with the law these days? If so I'll get him to do my defence

Sorry Martian :fraidnot: Nasty grubby criminal law isn't my thing......anyways you might be a illegal alien.......

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

42 minutes ago, Fritag said:

Sorry Martian :fraidnot: Nasty grubby criminal law isn't my thing......anyways you might be a illegal alien.......

Well you're a fat lot of use! Looks like our Highland brethren are going to be lumbered with me. Look out Ms Sturgeon, here I come! :evil_laugh:

Martian

9 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Magna also did the Short SB3, a turboprop version of the Sturgeon, designed s a competitor to the Farey Gannet.

Martian

So that's what they did with those left over Airship gondolas

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

...that being the miss good looking Anti-Submarine competition!

Edited by 71chally
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Highland brethren

They're the least of your worries.

My lot were Vikings :viking:

(Yes,I know the horns are a myth!)

Beardie's probably got Reivers in his history so between the two of us you're totally gubbed and that's before we find out that Jockney's probably a Pict.

On the Sturgeons. Wish I had a time machine as I saw many of them being scrapped at HMS Fulmar.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Scimitar said:

On the Sturgeons. Wish I had a time machine as I saw many of them being scrapped at HMS Fulmar.

I wish you had had a camera with you!

Martian