Navy-ating Bucc's fizz - On the deck at last

8 hours ago, Tomoshenko said:

Glad to hear it Bill. Don't worry me and Dave have some treatment in mind for you on Sunday:

Image result for electric shock treatment

Should this treatment not result effective, may I suggest to have a go with "the  Palouste Experience"?

80bUHuK.png

...this should bring Bill back really soon!!!

Just need to find the right intake!!!:rofl:

You see Bill? Friends always come up with good ideas!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Love it!  I thought I’d seen most of the old RN 60s films during my training, but I’ve never seen that one before.  Some interesting continuity issues; Buccs launch from Victorious & instantly morph into Eagle aircraft in the Great Glen & Cape Wrath... SBS deployed “somewhere in the Far East” from a Portland Wessex 1 with Lulworth clearly visible.... Plus some hilarious steely commentary (sonar with “supersonic” sound waves, anyone?), but great fun.   And don’t you just love HMS Lion’s 6” broadside target shoot?  Talk about a bye-gone age!

The biggest bonus for me is that right at the start, allegedly briefing to fly in Victorious’ S1, is one of my early Captains, Colin Cooke-Priest (my boss in HMS Boxer, later Flag Officer Naval Aviation, but there a young whippersnapper Lieutenant Observer... who actually flew in Wessex HAS1s, not Buccaneers).  

Anyway, that made me smile a lot.  Hell, I’d join up! 

Thanks.

[Oh, and some lovely clear views of the Rusty B’s LCVPs (called LCAs in those days), which confirm some of my guesswork when drawing Fearless!]

Edited by Ex-FAAWAFU
  • Like 7

Its good to know that Crisp has joined the Circe circle, new acolytes always welcome

Now as I seem to be a bit stuck with reduced mobility I have been  doing less (less? can you imagine?) actual big stuff modelling but I did do a few little lightweight things

The Palouste needs that weird little nose wheel structure so I have been tackling little bits of plastic

:(

Still got me black looks from my owner ten minutes ago when she popped in to see what I'm doing

"Modelling again already?" :(

Yes, this P1010249.jpg

Three unmodelled wheels on the pad, three pieces Slater's Magic Rod© on the stick with a slip ring from my diminishing supply of John Aero's lovely tube stock on the stick of assembly

P1010251.jpg

Setting the angles

Now letting its coat of cyano harden the joints

P1010252.jpg

Palouste number one lurking in the back of shot I notice, I hadn't noticed it getting out of the safe place...

This next bit of course is the shining stuff of bovine males

P1010253.jpg

No way is that skinny little towing flange going to survive the moulding process

in here

P1010255.jpg

At least I am ready for when it's time to mould now, I can find out then whether the nose leg survives the latex bath

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, perdu said:

I did do a few little lightweight things

Lightweight but pretty substantial, I reckon :clap: 

I've probably already said this, but I experience different reactions from SWMBO, like "Aren't you going to do some modelling tonight?" :hmmm:  :D 

Ciao

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, perdu said:

...on the stick of assembly...

I am sure this merits greater importance; the Stick of Assembly gives it a more official and portentous tone.

Sorry if I seem a little giddy: I have just submitted a particularly long and boring (the process, not the application, I hope...) job application, which means I get the first chance to use Old Faithful the Circe / SISRSC (OK, she's new, but a girl needs a Grand Title).

• Like 3

I just did a catch up.

It seems I missed quite a bit.

Do I get lines or have to miss playtime?

I hope your arm is feeling betterer.

I am wondering why I can see everyone else's pictures but yours are just jpg reference numbers?

I can't even click on them. Most odd. So I can't comment on modelling progress but I wish you well.

Edit, I can see your pictures in post 1806 from 2 hours ago.

Pics OK on Firefox for me too.

Nice to see you're not letting it stop you Bill. Remember - less can be more.....................unless it's less of course. In which case it really is less..................:think:

Dave

• Confused 1

Pictures fine Bill.

4 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Wot no pictures?

Martian

Could be cos of a solar conjunction oh tentacle one. Give it a while and Earth should come around the other side of the sun. If still no pictures check for local sand storms. Bit nasty in your neck of the woods this time of year.

5 hours ago, perdu said:

but I did do a few little lightweight things

That's the spirit, can't keep a good man down.

• Haha 1

Some things can Tomo

Mostly of the distaff style of fingy :(

Anyway, we got another little bit done

Nose leg done, wheel impaled on its axle and fixed into a gripper in the mouldbox along of the two main legs with their wheels too

P1010256.jpg

The idea is that when I mould inside the box there is a lot of unused space wasted, that is proper nice stiff latex tha knows

So I have fitted three little tubular spigots to hold the little bits in place as the latex pours in (bombs away method until I can find an old pressure cooker to turn into a vacuum box)

The Palouste buck is going to go in once I'm sure the pouring latex has worked down into the cavities in the tail end

It has a larger spigot to sit in hopefully these will stop the bucks floating in the wet latex, but not prevent demoulding them later

The tail unit has had its hole taped (so I do not have to cut away any of the latex to demould it) and is sitting in a small box of its own ready for the fray on the morrow

P1010259.jpg

Hmm flash swamped this one, if you cant see what I mean, say so and I will retake the shot

It will be a pain, the model has dressed and gone to the pub, we might have to wait until... Ah no, not that model

Phew nearly got caught outski

:drunk:

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Sorry I missed the bit about you being unwell Bill, I hope you get to the bottom of things quickly and sorted out.

Some of your pictures are still not showing, just a cross in a box where they should be?

Martian

• Thanks 1

Martian I don't think there is anything I can do about it, but...

Postimage.org suffered a registry issue today and have reassigned their content into postimg.cc and seem to have reassigned the pictures to the .cc site, maybe they are doing them all in batches

I checked back on my other 'albums' which seem to show .cc addresses now, I bet they get sorted fairly quickly but if anyone can point out discrepancies I will have a bash at reassigning mine by hand tomorrow

:(

I am very unskilled in the way of the web but I will give it a go, I expect they have millions of images to reassign, bound to be minor glitches en route

• Like 1

On 4/11/2018 at 2:53 AM, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

Love it!  I thought I’d seen most of the old RN 60s films during my training, but I’ve never seen that one before.

Your old ship in there, without the Icara launcher though.

• Like 1