Navy-ating Bucc's fizz - On the deck at last

1 hour ago, Reconcilor said:

With my Jilly Goolden dress on, this seems a good match https://www.vivino.com/wineries/the-buccaneer/wines/california-cabernet-sauvignon-2012

I'm so confused. 😳 And just in case your wondering, not in the 'curious and wearing a dress' sense of the word 'confused' either! 😬

• Like 4

Hi Bill, sorry not to get back to you sooner, if you haven't already sorted out the nose gear bay then hopefully this may help....oddly I didn't take any snaps of the bay before I installed it or if I did they've been whisked off into a digital black hole, rather like Darling will be if he doesn't pull his digit out.

Brunty's pink banana ...

DSC_0013_zpsizw9itz9.jpg

Kit bits..please excuse the dust, Darling's house keeping is getting rather slap-dash these days. These show the basic bay with no rivet detail and only basic plumbing. Once the Archer rivets are done then all the serious gubbins can be put in. The recess you mentioned to allow the wheel to sit in was carved out of the cockpit floor which forms the bay roof.

Hope they help.

DSC_0647_zpsreaos7po.jpg

DSC_0650_zpskpcd2xhl.jpg

The gap in the forward end is so that I could get a tool in to ensure the correct alignment of the bay, it'll be covered with a rivetted facing before the gear is installed.

DSC_0651-001_zps88lznnua.jpg

• Like 10

No problem, anything else you think I might be able to help with please ask......she's looking good by the way. 

Rivets inside ?      Not piffling likely on mine

Now hold on there just one minute young Wilhelm......... simply bung a microscope on the front of yer specsaver 2 fer 1's and you're good to go.

• Like 2

Irn bru? For the uninitiated, it's 'made in Scotland from Girders'

ok, so apologies, I must be about 10 posts behind. Spent the day on the 'Honey, do...' list. Got to keep 'er indoors happy.

Edited by Brit-in-RI
  • Like 2

phew

Thought just for a minute you meant a twelve page exposition on Barr's Irn Bru Tony

The rare S1 version though, the one we used to drink in Hamilton in the sixties (I spent the six week holiday each year at my aunt's home in Hamilton, in my school days)

Is it digital so you could email it?

I'd love it although I won't get to read it 'til next week a'cos I set sail for France on Wednesday

These days I have been mixing up casting moulds and popping resin in holes, a few new tail cones in preparation to cut them up and make new airbrake petals, getting the jet pipes looking like the real thing and making a start on an ejection seat based on an Airfix or Italeri seat for a Jag

I'm unsure what was the origin of the MB species I'm amending the DNA of today  and I am moderately pleased with the amendments

There's to be pictures on Tuesday

;)

• Like 5

11 hours ago, perdu said:

Is it digital so you could email it?

All old 'Flights' are digital ;)

This is the first page, and allows you to navigate your way through by scrolling through the left hand column,

https://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/view/1963/1963 - 0489.html

The golden age of cutaways, that's for sure.

More general as it records the state of affairs of the Carriers, but some nice S.1 action,

https://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/view/1963/1963 - 1008.html?search=buccaneer

Edited by 71chally
  • Like 3

The prototype retractable refuelling probe is a temptation

But no, this will be a EDSG and White birdie

Still a temptation, maybe some other day

I have the files from Tony now

I'm supposed to be packing for Le Mans, suppose it can hold fire for a bit....

• Like 3

23 hours ago, 71chally said:

All old 'Flights' are digital ;)

This is the first page, and allows you to navigate your way through by scrolling through the left hand column,

https://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/view/1963/1963 - 0489.html

It is a fabulous resource for contemporary information isn't it James? :)

I just  presumed it was well-known on the forum already otherwise I'd have posted a link too...

What is particularly nice about it is the facsimile sense  it gives of the contemporary environment in which aircraft of the time were actually designed and operated - even manufacturers' adverts add to the period flavours and textures. A social and political - as well as aeronautical - history.

Egad. This is Bill's thread. I need to shut up now...

Tony

• Like 2

I am sure you can rely on us to keep the insanity going for a few days. There is talent here aplenty.

Martian

• Like 2