Minion's therapeutic Mig

Cheers guys.

I got the decals on last night, well the national markings at least. I have been having a really good look through all my Egyptian Mig references ( and a very good look online ) and I cannot find any pictures that show any stencils applied to any of them, certainly not any which have been repainted locally such as the one I am building. I will continue looking for a bit ( on lates this week so virtually no modelling time anyway) and perhaps start weathering the markings in the meantime.

• Like 2

Okay then, if you insist.

This is how she looks at the minute, and will probably stay like this until the weekend, with the glossy coat and national markings finished.

35517697761_8705f01440_b_d.jpg

A shot of the rear end (ooh errr!) which has most of the markings on it.

35648157445_5b814053c6_b_d.jpg

The decals I have used for the national markings are from a Zotz "roundels of the world" set as the Egyptian ones in the kit are too big for the scheme I have chosen and these are thankfully the right size, they performed nicely and have settled down well. I have used the kits decals for the aircraft's serial number on the nose, after re-arranging them to more closely match the aircraft in the picture, and they also went on very well.

35648159915_d6290a0451_b_d.jpg

I will keep searching to see if I can find any pics of re-painted Egyptian Mig-21's with any stencils on (thanks @Radleighfor your offer of help, greatly appreciated and needed) but if I can't find any by the weekend I will probably start more weathering and the matt coat.

Thanks for looking.

Craig.

Edited by modelling minion
  • Like 6

Well as you can probably see (or not actually) Photobucket has decided that I and many others can no longer share our pictures without paying $400 a year for the privilege so unfortunately none of my previous pictures are now viewable. Thanks Photobucket, you have given me the push I needed to find another service.

• Like 2

Me too, I tried to log on to Flickr a while ago without success, I think I might try Village Photos.

John

EDIT: Just opened an account with Flickr, easy, must have done something wrong last time. Now all I have to do is figure out how to upload some photos.:S

Edited by Biggles87
  • Like 1

YES!! Up your bum Photobucket!!!

Thanks to Flickr we are back in business, but I will not be updating all my previous build threads yet as it will take ages and to be honest I would rather be building models.

On 6/30/2017 at 1:21 PM, Biggles87 said:

DIT: Just opened an account with Flickr, easy, must have done something wrong last time. Now all I have to do is figure out how to upload some photos.:S

Hope you are successful John, uploading was quite easy but I had to look at their help page for how to post a link on here.

• Like 1

how long till flikr pull the same stroke, once one gets away with it they'll all try it, took me flippin ages to get the hang of photo bucket properly, what a total bungle

$400 is a bit steep though isn't it, gonna need some time to sort this out   , rant over ,, the mig is looking great craig good work

glynn

• Like 1

4 hours ago, modelling minion said:

YES!! Up your bum Photobucket!!!

Thanks to Flickr we are back in business, but I will not be updating all my previous build threads yet as it will take ages and to be honest I would rather be building models.

Hope you are successful John, uploading was quite easy but I had to look at their help page for how to post a link on here.

Yes, finally got the hang of it with a little help from SWMBO, I'm a bit of a technophobe when it comes to the internet webby thing.

Good to see the pics back

John

• Like 1

Well despite "one or two" hours of internet search and a very good look through my Mig-21 references I have not found any pictures of re-painted Egyptian aircraft from the time period which show any stencils so I have decided to crack on with the build.

I have weathered the decals and have also added a wash to the panel lines, for which I have used Revell Aqua Anthracite which was thinned a lot and gives a good contrast without being too stark. here are some pictures of how she looks now.

Upper-surfaces.

35637651396_bbe50b6158_o_d.jpg

Under sides.

35546899201_0bb540ae1a_b_d.jpg

A picture of the rear half showing most of the markings.

35290226230_6b23d4fce1_b_d.jpg

And finally a close up of the weathered serial number on the nose.

35290222360_2cc4ebd2bd_b_d.jpg

Hopefully tomorrow I will have some more modelling time and I will be able to apply a matt coat and get rid of the glossy finish, after that I still have a fair amount of work to do not least of which is painting the ejector seat.

That's it for today, thanks for looking and as usual all comments and criticisms are gratefully received.

Craig.

• Like 11

Hi Craig. The weathering is coming on a treat. Revell's Anthracite is great for this sort of weathering. Very nice.:thumbsup:

KInd regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Cheers guys, not much progress to report on I'm afraid but she has moved a little further forward. The glossy finish has been covered with a couple of matt coats which have brought her to looking much more like she should, as well as this I have built up the landing gear and have fitted them to the airframe, and I'm pleased to report that she is not a tail sitter.

Anyway enough waffle here are some pictures of how she looks now.

35700736551_167d9aee63_b_d.jpg

35700740051_db1974b3c2_b_d.jpg

35023153243_c1751b859f_b_d.jpg

That's it for now, I will keep plodding away with all the little extras which always seem to take forever.

Thanks for looking and as always all comments and criticisms are gratefully received.

Craig.

• Like 4