Minion's therapeutic Mig

Once again thanks for the kind words guys, they are (as always) much appreciated.

Not been getting as much done on this as I would have liked but thought I would share what progress I have made with you.

I managed to lose a part of the section which makes up the frame for the inner glass that is a feature on these early model Fishbeds (it shot off as I was removing it from it's block) so I had to make a replacement from some scrap plastic, not perfect but it will have to do. I have also added all the small items such as aerials and my home made replacement air sensor probe and here is a picture of how the  front end of the Fishbed looks now.

36030244475_bcc6cc2530_b_d.jpg

The fuel tank has also been fixed under the fuselage on it's pylon.

35858967392_ae11d79a36_b_d.jpg

That's it for today, I still hope to get her finished by the end of the weekend all being well.

Thanks for looking in.

Craig.

• Like 9

Thanks guys, I'm calling this one done. I've finished and added the canopy, which is one of the best kit canopies I have ever worked with, it is almost vac-form thin and is really clear. I have added the rails for the AA-2 Atoll's but have not added the missiles themselves as most of the pictures I have found of Egyptian (and other) Mig-21's show them without the missiles fitted, I might make a small diorama for it at some point and thought it would be good to have them on some form of transporter. Anyway here are some pics of the finished Mig.

36132825636_f5b07cfe32_b_d.jpg

36132828436_993ed4265e_b_d.jpg

36041087961_b676d9a857_b_d.jpg

36041091041_4db910e349_b_d.jpg

Thanks for all the support and encouragement during the build guys, it really does help.

I will post some more pics in the gallery.

As usual all your comments and criticisms are gratefully received.

Now, what to build next?

Craig.

• Like 10

Agree with all of the above, really fantastic model Craig! Love the extra touches like the wear marks around the canopy base and the sun bleaching, very convincing and really conveys a dusty, worn desert Mig extremely well. :clap2:

What is next?

David

• Like 1

Thanks guys really glad you like it.

I enjoyed building the kit, and weathering it, and it has definitely got my mojo back.

4 hours ago, mirageiv said:

What is next?

I've just made a start on an ICM 1/48 Do-17 for the Radials Rock GB David, bit different from a Mig-21 but one I've wanted to build for a while.

• Like 1

Congratulations to your build - a great result with a lot of details added in the build and painting. Looks great :clap2:

7 hours ago, modelling minion said:

I've just made a start on an ICM 1/48 Do-17 for the Radials Rock GB David, bit different from a Mig-21 but one I've wanted to build for a while.

And what about the Mil Mi-8? Don't you feel like going back to it yet?

Cheers, Peter

• Like 1