Paragon 1/48 Lincoln Advice Needed

woody37

Hi guys,

Looking for some advice from anyone who has built the Paragon 1/48 Lincoln conversion. I'm confused about the fuselage plug. One end has a partial step that you would assume is designed to prevent fouling of the bomb bay. This is backed up by a scribed arrow inside pointing forwards at this end. However, the plug is tapered the opposite way meaning that if I was to fit it this way, the depth of the fuselage at the front will be less than the rear of the plug.

34946311425_61fb3022dd_b_d.jpg

Anyone built one and how did you deal with the plug?

I know Neil, Mr Paragon frequents here now and again, if you have any advice (and a spare Manchester conversion :please:), I'd really appreciate some guidance.

Thanks

Another Neil!

• Like 1

Hi Neil,

An old friend from years back did a review build of the Lincoln conversion in Scale Models International in 1997. It was spread over a couple of issues which I think were August and September of that year. I actually had them until last year before a major clear out. Hopefully someone on BM can help in your quest.

• Like 2

Hi Chris,

ive cut a section of the lip out and the fit is good the other way round. A dry fit of all the fuselage parts looks pretty straight so that's the way I'll attach it once the internals are done. 

Thanks

neil

• Like 1

John,

i can't reveal the full build but I'll start a WIP thread and put a few highlights in. As the article I'm doing elsewhere is focussed on conversion techniques, I can focus here on the specific learnings of this conversion which should help anyone who has the lincoln stashed away somewhere :)

cheers

• Like 1

On 29 May 2017 at 3:01 PM, cngaero said:

Hi Neil,

An old friend from years back did a review build of the Lincoln conversion in Scale Models International in 1997. It was spread over a couple of issues which I think were August and September of that year. I actually had them until last year before a major clear out. Hopefully someone on BM can help in your quest.

Is that the Cameron Lees article?  I'll be seeing him tomorrow and I'll ask him then.

That's the chap. He's a grand fellow and a great modeller.

I've never seen Cameron for a while. We both learned to fly around the same time at Newcastle Aero Club in the early '80's. Please pass on my best regards when you see him.

• Like 1

On 2017-5-29 at 3:01 PM, cngaero said:

Hi Neil,

It was in issues 28.336 and 28.337. Sadly I don't have the article any longer.

Jon

• Like 1