ADP MASTER modell 1/72 Iljuschin IL-4

5 minutes ago, bbudde said:

Looks great with a coat of paint :goodjob::goodjob:. Cheers

Thank you!

I have a plan about foiled skin in future, after completion of painting. It`s necessary to perform a local crack of paint over the liners and panels (like a result of external influences activity).

This is superb modelling work Andrii.

I stopped receiving updates for a while, I don't know why, but I just caught up. I'm out of 'likes', will return with some.

The foil work looks really very good; like a real aircraft. The rivet work is ideal on that surface.

The engines are small works of art :worthy: .

To weather the paint through to the metal will look very authentic; I'm looking forward to watching how you do this :thumbsup2: 

This is great to watch, good luck with the next step.

Best regards

TonyT

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TonyTiger66 said:

This is superb modelling work Andrii.

I stopped receiving updates for a while, I don't know why, but I just caught up. I'm out of 'likes', will return with some.

The foul work looks really very good; like a real aircraft. The rivet work is ideal on that surface.

The engines are small works of art :worthy: .

To weather the paint through to the metal will look very authentic; I'm looking forward to watching how you do this :thumbsup2: 

This is great to watch, good luck with the next step.

Best regards

TonyT

Thank You, Tony. I will keep up all the plans and steps so punctually as possible.

I really appreciate you interest to my work. Thanks.

:smile:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pin said:

Have you seen this?

http://modelism.airforce.ru/reviews/ru/il-4/index.htm

You can read the language, I assume. Some inaccuracies of Revell (Plasticart) kit are mentioned so may be useful (unless it's too late)

Thanks, I will check it again, but I dont know that I have left (remained) from original kit by ADP Master models already. Many parts were reworked during the process.

Edited by Ozzyman69

26 minutes ago, Pin said:

Some inaccuracies of Revell (Plasticart) kit are mentioned so may be useful

Actually in this kit I found many inaccuracies by the manufacturer with the drawings. I tried to correct it as far as possible. In any case, this kit is satis because it is the basic for the modeller`s creativity. :smile:

:thanks:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SUNchazer said:

The painting work is very cool!

What do You think about (for example) an engines cowlings location? I propose to make it and put separately, in front of the aircraft (on the ground).

I forgot to reply about the German fuel bowser.

The Academy one looks fine; for a captured aircraft it will be the right choice :).

Will you have figures and a diorama base? I'm trying to imagine it, in terms of engine cowling open for repairs etc

Best regards

TonyT

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, TonyTiger66 said:

Will you have figures and a diorama base?

Thank You for your comment, Tony. The diorama will be built in future I hope, and I could find the figures in 1/72 scale perhaps. A suitable display may be as a both engines maintenance by finnish airfield staff I think. But first of all I have to do a final work with aircraft painting and etc.

May be I can start to diorama work in next year (or over the next few months).

Sincerely grateful for Your help. Thank You.

Cheers.

Andrii.

Edited by Ozzyman69
  • Thanks 1

Hello, friends. I slowly step by step continue to publish the results of my WIP..

Painting is in progress.

IMG_1903.jpg

IMG_1904.jpg

IMG_1905.jpg

IMG_1906.jpg

IMG_1909.jpg

IMG_1910.jpg

IMG_1911.jpg

IMG_1912.jpg

IMG_1913.jpg

IMG_1914.jpg

IMG_1915.jpg

IMG_1917.jpg

Very important!

Before applying a yellow stripes mark (propeller blades tip and fuselage and etc), You must cover the painting a neutral color zone first. I use a silver for that.

IMG_1918.jpg

IMG_1919.jpg

IMG_1920.jpg

IMG_1921.jpg

IMG_1923.jpg

IMG_1927.jpg

..end engines exhaust ducts... are done.

IMG_1928.jpg

IMG_1929.jpg

IMG_1930.jpg

IMG_1931.jpg

IMG_1932.jpg

Cheers.

Andrii.

Edited by Ozzyman69
  • Like 3

That looks superb Andrii :thumbsup2: 

Your patience with the foil is now paying dividends. I really like the chipping you are doing.

Yes, This requires controlling the emotions; well done :).

Best regards

TonyT

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TonyTiger66 said:

Your patience with the foil is now paying dividends.

Thanks for that. I agree. An idea with foil applying has a good sense. This method gives the realistic visual effect of skin, corrugated surface and good base for chips.

• Like 1

Superb work on a truly Jurassic kit Ozzyman69, very impressive detailing indeed.  :coolio:

Don't use the Academy Fuel Truck for this project, IIRC its a T-Stoff tanker only suitable for accompanying their Me-163 (and similarly fuelled aircraft).  This version is probably better for your purposes:

r730.jpg

https://modelsua.com/Opel-Blitz-Kfz.-385-Tankwagen-Luftwaffe-tanker-1-72-Roden-730.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Don't use the Academy Fuel Truck for this project, IIRC its a T-Stoff tanker only suitable for accompanying their Me-163 (and similarly fuelled aircraft).  This version is probably better for your purposes:

Thanks for Your recomendation. It`s very important for me and for my project. But I looking for any additional material for the IL-4 in Finnish AF service. (The Roden Opel Blitz it`s easy to find here in any UKR models shop ;)).

Cheers.

Andrii

• Like 1

Hello Andrii,

My knowledge of the Finnish language is very poor.

Nevertheless, I went to The Finnish Defence Forces Wartime Photo Archive:

http://sa-kuva.fi/neo#

I did a basic search on what I think is the word for aeroplane; 'lentokoneen'.

It produced over a hundred images.

They allow 'Creative Commons' use.

IMG_6738.jpg

Source: SA-Kuva

Many photographs have vehicles, production lines, mechanics and so on.

IMG_6743.jpg

Source: SA-Kuva

I think you could find some inspiring resources there. If nothing else, it's completely fascinating ;).

Hope it helps

Best regards 

TonyT

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, bbudde said:

By the way I don't know, if you like Jazz, but I won't withhold you that as it's a great performance:

Quite frankly, I like a good music. The music should be warm. It`s made  me so much better. Thanks!

• Like 1