Cockpit generic spare parts

Jack109

Good day fellow modellers

I would like to add some detail to old kits that di not have much detailing in the cockpit, especially the control panel... 

I am thinking now at revell ww1 models 1:72 for example.

I do not want to buy the right One from Eduard for each One of them, but a generic cockpit detail set or only the panel would be good .

I know its not the same, but better than nothing and better than my failures in scratchbuilding....

I hope you Can help me to identify some generic cockpit ( pack of 10 mixed?)

Thanks a lot!!!

Edited by Jack109

Considering that no one answered I will add my research results to the topic

So far I found only generic decals for WW2 and early jets from Mike Grant, they cost around 10 pounds.

I haven't find any generic cockpit kit unfortunately.

All the best

Edited by Jack109

Aerocub did a set of instrument bezels, and Reheat did as well, but both maybe hard to find.  

http://www.florymodels.co.uk/aeroclub-vintage-instrument-be/

don't know if the 72nd ever came out

Aeroscale do generic instrument placards etc

http://www.airscale.co.uk/

In 72nd I suggest having a search here, I've seen some very good work scratching in 72nd WW I cockpits.

thank you Troy,

I saw the 2 websites that you are quoting, unfortunately no 1:72...

So it seems that the only ways are:

- mike grants decal: which do not cover ww1

- scratch building: very hard on a small scale, but hey lets embrace the challenge

- buy the dedicate one from eduard. which cost more than the model sometimes.

• 3 weeks later...

There's another way, that may work or not depending on the accuracy you need: make a silicone rubber mould of your scratchbuilt panel and make resin copies of it. In this way you can have many copies from one only panel. I mentioned accuracy because clearly you may have different types of aircrafts and not all of these will have exactly the same panel, but if the panel is close enough from one to the other the system may work. For a panel actually the mould can also be made from silicone sealant without the need for the more expensive rubber.

Of course nothing prevents you from copying a panel from a modern and well detailed kit and use copies of this on your models. I do this with some subjects, for example Spitfires, for which I've made moulds from various kits of some parts that I then use to make copies to improve the kits that don't offer the same level of details