Monogram 1/32 Apollo Command/Service module

Presenting the Monogram 1/32 Apollo CSM, with New Ware etch interior (and other parts), and Space Model Systems decals, plus of course the Realspace Models resin unitary hatch. This kit was released in 1969 and is still available. It is the only accurate commercial kit of the craft, although it appears to be based on monochrome official drawings and some photos, and has inaccuracies as it comes - the biggest one being the gold plated Command Module! A full interior is included, although the complex instrument panels are for reasons that may never be understood, represented by terrible stickers in green, black and red. Most interior colours are wrongly specified in the instructions. The space suited crew figures are best discarded. With some research however a reasonable model may be produced. The CM chrome finish - strips of tape on the real one - is hard to replicate, I used Extreme Metal chrome.

The build progress on this model is here in In Progress.

3SC_3702sml.jpg

3SC_3703sml.jpg

3SC_3704sml.jpg

3SC_3705sml.jpg

3SC_3706sml.jpg

3SC_3707sml.jpg

3SC_3708sml.jpg

3SC_3709sml.jpg

3SC_3710sml.jpg

3SC_3711sml.jpg

3SC_3712sml.jpg

3SC_3713sml.jpg

Edited by Nomore Shelfspace
duplicate photo
  • Like 28

Well done. Looks very good.

I have one in my stash, but it'll be a while before I start work on it.

New Ware, Space Models Systems and RealSpace are my go-to people for Apollo models, as I creep very slowly through a Revell 1/96 Saturn V.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...