Trumpeter 1/35 Challenger 2

Hi,

I am about to embark on my first AFV for 25 years.  My last was a Tamiya King Tiger.  I'm a little hamstrung as I haven't got any paint with me on the ship, just the kit and some glue so my plan is to work on sub assemblies until I get home then paint and complete it.

It's going to be built out of the box and with little weathering as really it is just a nice way to ease myself back into tanks.

I have a Tamiya Chieftan V as well to build, but this will come later.

Enjoy. 

IMG_8435.jpg

• Like 3

Will be looking. 

The Tamiya Chieftain unlucky is a mixture of few different versions. You can't make a proper one out of the box without buying some conversions. But if you just want to have a fun of building it that is good and go with it. 

Alternative for this is buying one of the new Takom releases. Either way you choose the important thing is having fun. 

Thanks Kris, I was not aware of the limitations of the Tamiya kit.

As you say, having fun and keeping stress at bay is the main reason for my AFV modelling.  Normally I build aircraft but they are not baggage safe and AFV's are. 

Planning on having a little project on the go while I am at sea just to keep me from getting too stressed out.  If my tank is not strictly correct I'll live.

FrancisGL, Thank you!

• Like 1

I agree with you with regards to building the Chieftain for enjoyment. I did the same with a Tamiya Centurion, even though I had a couple of AFV Club Centurions in the stash. But if you do want to embellish the Tamiya Chieftain, check out what's on offer from Accurate Armour. Conversions as well as updates/corrections.

John.

• Like 1

Okay, got the undercarriage together.  This needs absolute care because the slightest 'wonk' with the first part on gets magnified and I had to bend and fiddle a little to get all the road wheels on the ground together.

Lots of little Hydragas units, Harris Mann & Issigonis would be proud!

IMG_8450.jpg

IMG_8451.jpg

IMG_8452.jpg

• Like 4