Duxford Air Festival (More from Sunday added 02/06)

12 hours ago, mick said:

great shots thanks for posting

11 hours ago, Latinbear said:

More terrific shots!. I particularly like the para shots and the head on shots of the biplanes and Typhoons. Thanks very much for sharing these.

Thanks for the kind words, gentlemen. I'm pleased you enjoyed the images from a varied season opener at Duxford.

Oh wow ... Your photos put mine to shame!

i've posted a comment regarding the visitor numbers on the Sunday (and trade stands) elsewhere.   However, it was a terrific show.

I have to say I thought the Rafale rather out-did the Typhoon.  You were lucky on the Saturday to have clear blue skies for that AND the Para. drop.  It was quite a moment to see that gigantic Union flag deploy!  

Thanks again forsharing ring your photos.,

Jonny

The Rafale display was very nice, made the Typhoon display look sedate by comparison

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, F-32 said:

The Rafale display was very nice, made the Typhoon display look sedate by comparison

I couldn't agree more, F-32! The Typhoon display was dull, compared to the really dynamic and energetic Rafale display. Vive la France!!

I was really pleased with the display. The Norseman , Comet and mew gulls , Vixen  and Rafale were the highlights for me. There wasnt many trade stands but MrModels is always a good stand. I bought a good kit from the Blenhiem society.  I found the autogyro strangely fascinating.