MvR Fokker 152 Triplane...Roden 1/72nd scale...

So...the latest...after almost 40 years of this hobby I finally built the Rittmeister's triplane, or one of them at least.  I used the Roden kit, 1/72nd scale of course.  This is a problematic kit and, like many Roden issues, suffers from "The Poor Fits."  On the upside, the detail of the moulding is typical Roden, with excellent work on the overall kit, but why can't they get the turtleneck or tailplane to mesh?  Why are they fiddling about with cabane struts that are 0.5mm too short?  Argh!  And the landing gear?  My gods...even now I think the whole thing is going to collapse of its own, minuscule weight.  I will take the Eduard kit any day, but I felt I should do this to get it off my mind and the bench.

Colors are all Vallejo except for the Fokker Green streaking from Mr.Kit.  Some of the decals are cannibalized from an Eduard stash and the control horns are photo etch from the F.1  

I am not sure what to build next...I might do another another Fokker--a XXI from Finland maybe...Or something Bulgarian...or Greek...what era should I do fellows?  Point me in a direction...

Let's see if the pictures load...dont get too close!  ^_^

MvR 1

MvR 2

MvR 3

• Like 11

Great work in small scale on display here.  I especially like the streaky green camo effect.

Regards

Dave