Eduard 1/48 Bf 109G-6 Late

I started this the other day and thought I'd show how I was getting on with it. One thing that immediately strikes me is how small the 109 is. I also have even more respect for people who build in 1/72, this is small enough and it's 1/48! :shrug: 

IMG_0912.jpg

IMG_0913.jpg

IMG_0914.jpg

Sorry for the rubbish photos, they were taken in poor light...

Sean :pilot: 

• Like 2

Thanks Ant. I'm on a bit of a roll at the moment after a rubbish 2016 for models ( didn't finish a single kit) so I'm making hay while the sun shines so to speak.

Sean

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mozzy19 said:

Thanks Ant. I'm on a bit of a roll at the moment after a rubbish 2016 for models ( didn't finish a single kit) so I'm making hay while the sun shines so to speak.

Sean

Youre certainly making a great job of them mate, keep it up! 

• Like 1

Only 1 picture, but a lot achieved. Essentially all I need to do before painting is a little bit of filler and sanding, all major construction is now done.

IMG_0957.jpg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tony Oliver said:

Top of the left wingtip looks dodgy mate? 

Stray dog hair. They appear everywhere :shrug: 

Sean

8 hours ago, Tony Oliver said:

Missed a trick there mate. Should have just left the rudder off and painted it separately. Save a load of tape and time. 

Good effort though 👍🏿

Thanks Tony.

Yeah, I boobed with the rudder. I was going to leave it off because as you say it makes things easier but I got a bit carried away sticking things together :shrug: 

Sean

• Like 2

Still plodding on. Painted the prop spinner, red fuselage band and the undersides of the wings (not that you can tell in the pics...)

IMG_0969.jpg

IMG_0970.jpg

IMG_0971.jpg

Sean

• Like 1

Painted the canopy frame and started the camo on top of the engine cowl. And also a little size comparison to what the Americans used to throw off their carriers :D 

IMG_0991.jpg

Sean

12 minutes ago, Antb said:

Looks nice Sean. Looking forward to seeing her with the stickers on 

Thanks Ant. All things being well, stickers should be going on by Thursday.

• Like 1

No decals yet, a bout of man flu put paid to that. I did manage to pant up the exhausts, wheel wells and main undercarriage. I also glossed the airframe so decals are a step closer...

IMG_1005.jpg

Sean

Got a few decals on it today. I had a bit of a nightmare with the fuselage cross on one side where it folded over on itself a little bit and wouldn't move once placed. But apart from that they went on very nicely, even the spinner decal didn't give me many issues.

IMG_1008.jpg

IMG_1009.jpg

I might get the rest on tonight but I'll probably wait until tomorrow when the weather's supposed to be less nice :) 

• Like 1

Looking great Sean! 

Shame me the cross had a bit of a wobble but you seem to have saved it well. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Antb said:

Looking great Sean! 

Shame me the cross had a bit of a wobble but you seem to have saved it well. 

Thanks Ant. One of the underwing decals did something similar but not quite as bad. On the plus side they are nice and thin and have settled down beautifully in the panel lines and rivets with no decal softener.

Sean

Last WIP photo for this one. Only a few of the more fragile pieces to put on and then it's done.

IMG_1018.jpg

Usual rubbish photo but at least I've got them showing no thanks to Photobucket :deadhorse:

• Like 1