1/32 RFC Serial Number Decals?

Sabrejet

Afraid that I can't give any advice on how to produce decal sheets but, as for creating the serials for printing, your best bet would be a vector drawing package like Adobe Illustrator or Corel Draw. You can import a photo of the aircraft with the serials you want to replicate and then find a font which adequately matches the serial. After you have done that you can then see about scaling it up or down to fit the model.If you are versed in using vector graphics and want real accuracy you could draw your own serial numbers to match exactly with those photographed on the real machine.

I think the big problem for serials is that they can vary quite widely and so it would be extremely difficult to produce a 'coverall' set..

Beardie: many thanks. I'll look at the graphics route (tried a while ago with varying success) and see how it goes. I understand the issues with font types too, but sort of assumed that Pegasus might do a 1/32 version of their 1/72 and 1/48 sheets.

Ah well - back to the drawing board - literally!  :yes:

as i understand it British serial numbers weren't stenciled, they were painted by sign painters. So this makes doing up a sheet of generic serial numbers more complex. can't remember where i saw this, but i think it was Rowan Broadbent himself who said that. 

Sign-written yes, but each manufacturer tended to have a house style. I think I've aced it anyway - Ventura do a sheet with loads of styles, so even if I have to modify a font a bit, it gives me a starting point.

Thanks all for your suggestions.