Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hi folks,

I thought you might be amused by the following piece of Photoshoppery wot I did:

34860174115_949c62bd13_b.jpg

Having seen the book as a "real" device like this, it's quite tempting to make one. I'm sure a cheap Android tablet or similar could be re-purposed :)

Cheers,

Will

• Like 20

11 minutes ago, AndyRM101 said:

Sorry, forgot to say, fantastic page mock-up too.

Ah, we all know the towel is where it's at :)

Cheers, I had fun rotoscoping our faces. I also learned a valuable lesson in choosing your base photo - the black metal bit on the right hand side has a microscopic "engine turned" texture (concentric grooves) so all the removal of the existing logos required care to line up the grooves as much as possible. I ended up adding a greasy fingerprint to hide them...

Will

• Like 2

A friend of mine has promised to bring some lemons and a large gold brick.

7 hours ago, Mike said:

You need a RasPi, an LCD screen and some coding skills.... make it happen! :yahoo:

I have one out of those three things! It would be easier to modify a tablet and do it as an Android app, but less cool.

Will

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Will Vale said:

A friend of mine has promised to bring some lemons and a large gold brick.

I have one out of those three things! It would be easier to modify a tablet and do it as an Android app, but less cool.

Will

I've got two of those things, but I'm missing the important one, and it's not for sale anywhere.  I've checked :doh:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers, my dad dressed as Slartibartfast, and my mum dressed up as E. Gallumbits (retired) - she looked a bit like Nora Batty with an extra bosom...

(I was 42 last week so we used the excuse for a Hitchhikers/'80s party!)

Will

• Like 3