Vickers Type C Heavy Bomber.

As the title suggest this model is next up for Plastic Fantastic in 1/144 scale so all those interested in 'what if', cancelled or paper projects will love this one as they say it is the first time this aircraft has been modelled.

http://fantastic-plastic.com/vickers-type-c-giant-bomber-project---catalog.html

Looks good to me, a bit pricey but a very individual model. Should I ?

Gary

• Like 2

No.  I would not love it as it isn't in my preferred scale - 72nd.  Yes, I am fully aware of the size and yes, I want one in 72nd.  144th is for girls.

2 hours ago, The Wooksta! said:

No.  I would not love it as it isn't in my preferred scale - 72nd.  Yes, I am fully aware of the size and yes, I want one in 72nd.  144th is for girls.

What he said. I want to do it as an RAAF MR aircraft, with the extended nose ...

• Like 1

Call me a girl then but for reasons of cost & display space as well as stash storage I reckon 1/144 makes a lot of sense for this sort of thing. Too spendy for me though anyway. :(

Steve.

• Like 1

....I admit it! I was building an Avro Lincoln and didn't follow the instructions :huh:

(Actually, I remember when we put out British Secret Projects Bombers at Midland Counties and thought that this looked quite cool on the cover. so nice to see a kit!)

Best regards;

Steve

• Like 1

17 hours ago, The Wooksta! said:

No.  I would not love it as it isn't in my preferred scale - 48th.  Yes, I am fully aware of the size and yes, I want one in 48th.  72nd is for girls.

Fixed if for you.

And just to cover all the bases...

"No.  I would not love it as it isn't in my preferred scale - 32nd.  Yes, I am fully aware of the size and yes, I want one in 32nd.  48th is for girls."

"No.  I would not love it as it isn't in my preferred scale - 24th.  Yes, I am fully aware of the size and yes, I want one in 24th.  32nd is for girls."

"No.  I would not love it as it isn't in my preferred scale - 6th.  Yes, I am fully aware of the size and yes, I want one in 6th.  24th is for girls."

"No.  I would not love it as it isn't in my preferred scale - 1:1.  Yes, I am fully aware of the size and yes, I want one in 1:1.  Scale models are for girls."

• Like 4

ICMF;

Priceless!

Could you copy and paste that into every thread on the Rumourmonger forum. That would certainly cover all of the bases then. :lol:

It may be a bit tedious, but I find it interesting to see what scale modelers prefer. I for one actually build  32nd, 48th a few 72nd and a sizeable collection in 144th! 

No pun intended. ...

On 2017-5-24 at 21:17, The Wooksta! said:

Lee

slacking off again..

an old Airfix B-29 for wings, couple of old Lancs for the fuselage and UC bits,  and some cloned up Lincoln or Lanc Merlin 85 cowlings and your good to go ;) 

Props might take some sourcing though...

A couple of evenings  work  for a  man of your talents....

vickerstypec-whatyouget_orig.jpg

for those who think the above  is all joke,  have a look at this build  of a 1/48th B-32 Dominator

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Gal13/12601-12700/gal12646-B-32-Asher/00.shtm

After studying the plans, I came to the conclusion that I would need the following kits: two Monogram 1/48 B-29s, two Monogram B-24s (D or J, no matter) and a 1/72 B-36.

cheers

T

• Like 1