Bae Hawk (1/32) 63 Sqd. 2 TWU/7FTS

Latest off the bench is the Revell Hawk in 1/32 in the markings of 63 Squadron, 2 TWU / 7fts, at RAF Chivenor 1991-2.

OOTB .... except ...Eduard cockpit detail set, Flightpath FOD guards and exhaust plug. Decals are from Xtra decal. Look at the last photo they got the emblem the wrong way around. Bit of a bummer as I did not notice this until the end :doh:

It's a great kit and a nice size..actually smaller than a spitfire in the same scale. No real problems but the cockpit does need the update set, and the decals for the canopy detonation  cording and sealant between cockpits needs to go on the inside not the outside, as stated by Revell. Now that was a real pain in the bum.:analintruder:

Any way on to the pic's.

Please feel free to comment etc.

Thanks for looking

Dick

DPP_133_zpsrlz2epsv.jpg

DPP_134_zpsvsiwl5zi.jpg

DPP_135_zpsoet7gwdp.jpg

DPP_136_zpszwcxblrl.jpg

DPP_137_zpsd4xwhdgs.jpg

The emblem the wrong way around .....ooops :shrug:

Edited by jenko
  • Like 23

Great looking Hawk, takes me back to very pleasent memories of back seating from RAF Abingdon to Chivenor in the early 90's as a reward from OC Flying for my hard work

Many thanks for your kind comments and likes. It's much appreciated.

Dick

Not my scale Jenko but an impressive & immaculate piece of modelling there. Are you sure about the handed fin badge being wrong? I couldn't find a photo of the round fin badge on the net but when they had the black fin with yellow silhoulette badge, they were handed, both sides having axe to front, though in the Hunter days, I see they were not handed. :unsure:

Steve.

Hi Steve,

On the front cover of ...World Airpower journal, volume 22, autumn/fall1995 there is a picture of this aircraft from that side and yes Xtra decal got it soooo wrong.

Dick

4 hours ago, jenko said:

Hi Steve,

On the front cover of ...World Airpower journal, volume 22, autumn/fall1995 there is a picture of this aircraft from that side and yes Xtra decal got it soooo wrong.

Dick

A quick google brought up a picture  ( or 5) of that cover, yup, I see what you mean. hard to miss once you know. :) Funnily enough, Airfix got it right with their 1/48 Hawk kit, 05121. You could maybe do something with scanning that badge, enlarging & printing the black part as a decal to go on a yellow disc. :unsure:

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz
  • Like 1