Spitfire Mk IX

Hi folks

Haven't seen many of these posted up yet so I thought I'd get in quick!

The rivet counters have had a bit of a go at this, but it looks like a Mk.IX to me (and to 99.9% of everyone else I'd think). If you want a cheap, easy-to-build big Spit for your display shelf then look no further.

34726929481_f93f208784_c.jpg

34695133342_fe586f0586_c.jpg

34472169520_2bf18c5ec9_c.jpg

34695130922_7a1e67a112_c.jpg

34472167720_360e1f78b6_c.jpg

34695128092_33f9c05976_c.jpg

34472166020_23296a02eb_c.jpg

Regards

J A

• Like 27

Looks great to me. The weathering seems just about right.  I have one of these kits to build too.  Got to finish my 1/72 Marks T9 and XIX first though.

I'm considering doing the silver version - Revell propose it with clipped wings whereas Eduard say full span for the same plane in their kit.  All the profiles show full span but the only extant photo looks like Revell are right to me.  And I'd do the camo cowling and tank armour whatever the arguments about MJ250 are - and there's a lot on the internet believe me.

Cheers

Will

• Like 1

Beautiful job, I've just finished their Mk.II and I was pleased with the outcome so I also bought the Mk.IX.

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Skyhunter66 said:

That's very nice indeed - an easy build you say?

chris 

Very easy build with a low parts count. I've read of others who had to shim the wing root joints but mine went together nicely with just a smear of filler.

20 minutes ago, johnny akes said:

Very easy build with a low parts count. I've read of others who had to shim the wing root joints but mine went together nicely with just a smear of filler.

ok great - just ordered one - should make a nice change from the Mk22/24 I've just done where I sanded the front section so much I'm surprised there was any plastic left! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skyhunter66 said:

ok great - just ordered one - should make a nice change from the Mk22/24 I've just done where I sanded the front section so much I'm surprised there was any plastic left! 

Glad to know it wasn't just me then.:whistle: