Reigniting an old passion

NobleSavage

Haven't assembled a model kit in over 25 years, however when I was a kid I built scores of them, all military in 1/72 scale, predominately WW2, mostly planes but also some AFV's, field guns etc and I painted hundreds of soldiers. My brother and I used to recreate battlefields in large sand boxes and then proceed to re-enact the carnage with Chinese bangers and BB guns, great fun.

Anyway I now have some time on my hands and would like to revisit this marvellous hobby, I play a lot of computer war games, niche stuff like the Graviteam Tactics series, and it was these games believe it or not that reignited my interest in modelling.

I plan to build models in 1/35 scale based upon assets that appear in my favourite Graviteam campaigns, it seems like a nice idea and gives me something to aim at. I'm hoping this knowledgeable community will help me to achieve high levels of realism and historical accuracy, these aspects are very important to me, I'll also be needing some advice about things I'll need to get in the way of tools etc, I'll trawl through the forums and try to find useful info, and if I fail to find something I shall ask.

My first planned build will be the AFV Club Churchill Mk.III, so any information regarding colour schemes, modifications and the units who used this tank during the battle for Longstop hill (Tunisia 1943) would be very much appreciated.

Glad I found you.

Hello and welcome to the forum. I suggest you post your enquiry about Churchills in Tunisia 1943 in the AFV Modelling/Armour discussion by era/WW2 section where I am sure you will get replies.