Pegasus Albatros CIII...

John Masters

Does anyone know if somewhere in the world there is a spare Pegasus Albatros CIII sitting around that someone would be willing to part with?  I built one years ago and loved it (lost it in a move) and would like to build another.  No sign of anything on eBay or other sites...

• Like 1

Hi John,

Here's a link to a possible restock, if you've not seen it:

https://www.emodels.co.uk/pegasus-1-72-albatros-c-iii-german-wwi-2-seater-4008-plastic-model-kit.html

On this site - give them a call or email:

http://ajaviation.co.uk/pegasus-models/

Other manufacturers in other scales:

Special Hobby, Eduard, Roden, Aurora, Joystick Models.

Thanks Sandbagger.  I had seen the first link already but not the second, so I sent them an email.  Regarding the other manufacturers---almost no one has issued a kit of this aircraft, other than perhaps Joystick ( I shy away from vacuform...).  Thank you for the response!

Thanks Beardie.  I checked the website an they seem to have a few kits but, alas, not the elusive CIII...I fear the only kit out there is from Joystick.  There are some fine threads on other forums about the building of such vac kits, but I must admit I want an injection or resin kit.  The vac kits just leave too much to do--micro-welding, etc...stuff I don't do.  I guess I must feel blessed that at one time, 10 years ago, I built a lovely little model and cherish that memory...

As I said though, it might be worth emailing them. Freightdog are the owners/makers of Pegasus kits these days and may have plans to re-issue it or have some spares somewhere. Although I do recall them telling me some time ago that some of the molds were beyond repair now.

On 24/05/2017 at 6:32 AM, John D.C. Masters said:

Does anyone know if somewhere in the world there is a spare Pegasus Albatros CIII sitting around that someone would be willing to part with?  I built one years ago and loved it (lost it in a move) and would like to build another.  No sign of anything on eBay or other sites...

Hello John, I have the Pegasus Albatros D-III(Oef).  Kit no. 1027.  Unmade. I got mine from a second hand kit seller at a Duxford air display a few years ago, so they are still around. It is part of my Albatros collection I would attach an image but my Photobucket has stopped working on my phone.  

Andrew. 

Thanks Andrew.  I was referring to the CIII, the two seater.  I have built the DIII kit and it is typical Pegasus stuff...a lot of extra stuff that makes it fun!

Thanks,

--John

Hi John,

Out of curiosity, I've just done a web search for 'Albatross C.III model kits' and straight away several kits from different manufacturers came up in EBay.

Are you looking specifically for a Pegasus kit?

Mike

Edited by Sandbagger

• 2 weeks later...

hello chap,are you still looking for the c111.if so I have one in my stash.the box is a bit batted but as far as I can tell its all there,the decals look ok and it still has strut stock.:D

Oh my yes...What would you like to do?  It feels impolite to offer money however that is the best I can do--that and build a lovely little 1/72nd scale gem.

I am in Greece, on the island of Paros (one of the Cyclades).  Wow!  What a thing!  I am ecstatic at the chance...

--John

Good luck John, I must say the Pegasus range was pretty good with a good range of products. I found it a bit of a crossover between mainstream and scratch build ,good practice for anyone wishing to do a little more than just assemble the parts. Whilst reading your thread a certain J R Hartley came to mind!