Airfix Harrier a Mojo restorer.

It's been a while since I last posted any work.

This is Airfix's Harrier GR.1 I couldn't stop there so had a go at a little diorama. The Mini is Oxford miniatures re painted. The Landrover is another from the railway guys re painted, the figures from Matchbox and Italeri.

I have made this diorama to represent the RAF in the late 1970's.

P1040463_zpsuomhbk5i.jpg

P1040460_zpszmsfky97.jpg

P1040459_zpsy3lucwzv.jpg

P1040455_zpsu2jvyzsf.jpg

P1040448_zpsqje8yaib.jpg

P1040452_zpsutr94wip.jpg

P1040450_zpsbrshr2bu.jpg

P1040449_zps8oes5gyk.jpg

Hope you all like it, comments always welcome

Regards Glenn

Edited by cardiff guy
add more pictures
  • Like 33

I do love to see a good Harrier kit built (and this is a good Harrier build), especially a first gen.  The diorama adds huge depth to it, especially little touches like the RAF Mini.  I still remember those.

The only thing I'd say is it'd probably be early 70's because by the late 70's all Harriers would have been GR3 standard.

• Like 1

Hi Cardiff Guy!

Great to get Your Mojo back, and what a way to do it!

GR1 is My favorite Harrier, the original mark to Me is iconic and reminds Me off the P1127 Kestral. Would love to do one in 1/24 (parts are still in the GR3 boxing I think?) , but the decals would need to be sourced / printed.

Thanks for posting, and.....Keep Sticking!!                Cheers,  Pete

• Like 1

Just a silly point, but the green colour of the Harrier camoflage and the green colour of the vehicles  was in real life the same! 

Nice harrier by the way! 

Selwyn

• Like 1

Hello,Glenn - Your mojo deserves to be restored with this superbly built and portrayed 'Harrier' and diorama.I love it and hope to see many different types gracing that ramp!

😉👍 All the best,Paul.

• Like 1

That looks great and makes a terrific mojo-restorer. Love the background vehicles and chaps, but could I humbly suggest you cut their bases off and CA them to small circles or rectangles of clear thin plastic, such as from a shirt box. You will find them less obtrusive and reduce their height as well.

• Like 1

Thank you all for the kind words I have already started my next project. Selwyn The colour green should be he same,the Harries is Humbrol the Mini and Landy is from a Tamiya rattle can. thanks for the tip Horatio I will give the clear disks a try.

Regards Glenn.