A-10 Engine Covers(steel beach)

DDELK

I purchased some of these covers for s Revell A-10 and by no means do they fit. I'm sure they were designed to be trimmed up but I want the to fit as engine plug covers. Also the reR covers look as of they have to be carved in order to fit. Was hoping not to have to do this much work to get them to fit on but I guess it can't all be easy!!

Has anyone used these before?

Well maybe they are designed as covers, but still they don't lay smooth like they should in real life. And the rear covers should be concaved on the backside in order to fit over the engine exhaust., they look really nice, I guess maybe I was expecting something a little different.. I still think I'm going to try and cut them down to fit as engine plugs, as it looks much nicer

dave

Don't take what I'm about to write as gospel as I don't have either the kit or cover in front of me. However looking at the Revell instructions on the internet, it looks like you have to remove the front portion of the intake at the first panel line where it starts to curve towards the intake face, then leave off the fan faces and the covers should then fit flush, for the exhaust leave parts 11 and 81 off and again the cover should fit flush.

well the problem I have then is that I ordered the covers after the engines were built. I had not originally intended to put covers on. Do now it looks like some creative modifications of the resin are going to have yo happen.. This really sucks!! Oh well..

thanks

dave

Steel Beach seem to do their normal covers,and a set of resin ones which seem to be plugs. TBH the rear of the resin ones dont really look like covers I have seen fitted.