Tamika 1/48 lancaster undercarriage assembly

woody37

Guys,

im building a Paragon Lincoln conversion and would like to fit the undercarriage assembly after fitting the nacelles. Has anyone done this? Alternatively, I will fit the bay interior and just leave the gear legs and drag struts for later.

any tips or guidance appreciated,

cheers

neil

Yes Woody it can be done . . .

21308069642_0a84a8055c_z.jpg

For the very same reason, I didn't want to damage the U/C.

I dug out my build sheet which upon I make some casual notes and this is what I noted. You can just see the thinning of the edges at the top edge of the above photo, particularly the RH example.

34687861212_90c47cc09f_z.jpg

On Section 10 of the instructions I assembled the U/C in the two halves as shown; I didnt fully assembly them together.

I put part 'A17'  with the rear u/c assembly in afterward and skimmed the edge of A17 almost to a sharp edge to ease into position.

On part A33 i removed the stubs, again. to ease the positioning between parts A31 & A30.

34719260471_8a2fa17d33_z.jpg

I hope this helps and good luck with the build, I'm looking forward to seeing the 48th Lincoln !!!

Ian

Edited by Mancunian airman

20 hours ago, woody37 said:

Guys,

im building a Paragon Lincoln conversion and would like to fit the undercarriage assembly after fitting the nacelles. Has anyone done this? Alternatively, I will fit the bay interior and just leave the gear legs and drag struts for later.

any tips or guidance appreciated,

cheers

neil

Comfy chair and popcorn at the ready :D

• Like 1

Hi Chris,

i cant show too much progress because it will be going in a publication but will drop a few progress pics in. Big thanks for selling it to me, one wing is pretty much done, on with the second before the fuselage gets chopped up :)

• Like 1

That's no problem Neil. I'm just pleased it went to a good home.

It's a nice kit, but as I said in my PM, I just didn't have the space to do it. Anyway, I'm sure it will benefit from the old Woody magic.

I'll be looking forward to see it in print.

Any clues as to when and where?

It's a lovely kit Chris. Doing these things is certainly no shake and bake, but what's done so far looks good. I can't say about the publication yet unfortunately. Just need to decide what scheme to do :hmmm:

• 3 weeks later...

I know you mentioned the exhaust stubs/shroud are for an early example and you are pondering a scheme to do.

How about the prototype ? being bright yellow underside with the Brown/Green top coat would make the yellow stand out and perhaps an eye-catcher ??

Surely it doesn't always have to be a operational type and as I see it, the prototype represents ALL the Lincoln aircraft

Just a thought . . . .

Ian