It's a hello from me....

leekslap

As suggested, saying hello as I ease myself back into the world of modeling for the first time in 35 years, give or take...has much changed? Anyway, looking forward to taking part and all that, BFN.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, leekslap said:

As suggested, saying hello as I ease myself back into the world of modeling for the first time in 35 years, give or take...has much changed? Anyway, looking forward to taking part and all that, BFN.

depends on how loony obsessed you were 'back then'....  things that I'd only just heard of 'then' (like photo etch parts) are now common.

Superglue is  now cheap ;)

New kits fit can with a precision that can cause problems that are 'user induced'...

In short, a lot has changed!

You haven't said  what are your areas of interest?    

I also note you are in Worthing,  you may wish to attend a one of the model clubs that meet in Southwick community centre

IPMS Mid Sussex

next meeting Thu 1st June

http://ipmsmidsussex.org.uk/where-to-find-us

I'm usually there, (have a look at my profile  for a photo, or message  me)  and one chap I mentioned this too  (loft-full) came along and said hello and  now is a regular member, and there are a few other members here who attend,  well worth coming  along...  nothing as useful as seeing a build and being able to ask the builder how a certain effect  or modification was carried out.

Or just a chance to meet some like minded folks.

There is also South Downs Model Club

http://southdownsmodelgroup.org.uk/

I've not been as I don't  know anyone who goes and come through Lewes, but I know of at least two members here who go along, @cjhm and @mackem01,  who I think is in Worthing as well.

cheers

T

Welcome aboard leekslap. Good advice and plenty of craic here so you will find it entertaining and informative.

Who knows, may see you at Southwick (where I've been absent for quite a while but I intend to get my bum into

gear again).

12 hours ago, mackem01 said:

Welcome aboard leekslap. Good advice and plenty of craic here so you will find it entertaining and informative.

Who knows, may see you at Southwick (where I've been absent for quite a while but I intend to get my bum into

gear again).

Welcome to the madness Leekslap.I got quite exited there when I saw Southwick,must be a different Southwick though asked in the Tramcar inn

just got funny look's!

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/05/2017 at 1:07 AM, stevej60 said:

Welcome to the madness Leekslap.I got quite exited there when I saw Southwick,must be a different Southwick though asked in the Tramcar inn

just got funny look's!

NOT THE TRAMCAR.................... had a few iffy nights in there!!!

Leekslap,

Welcome back to the hobby.  As Troy has said a lot has changed, in terms of kits, and tools; but you may be surprised how much technique and know-how comes back to you once you start gluing bits together.  BM is a great community for whatever flavour of scale modelling floats your boat/drives your tank/flies your plane, etc.